News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Life of Nobody

Started by Adios, May 13, 2010, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rev

I fucking loathe biting flies.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Rev

rong

Not just a clever name.  Although, if you get there before the flies hatch its actually really nice. 

The Rev

I bet they are bitchin' fish bait though.

The Rev

We are currently in Sidney, Ne at Cabellas. Tomorrow we will go on to Greeley, Co. The time we spent with the family in Nebraska was a blast. More family in Greeley and Denver, then we have decided to head to New Mexico. After that Arizona possibly, then Texas.

There is snow on the ground here so the itch to get south is getting stronger.

Once we get south I am going to teach Terri to shoot the .50 black powder rifle she bought us and we will have campfires and use the tripod and dutch over we got as well. Now we need a campfire coffeepot and a fire grate.

We should have internet for at least a few more days before we get back into another Big Empty spot. I suspect New Mexico and Arizona both have plenty of those.

Driving in these Nebraska crosswinds wear me right out. When it comes to wind our home gets slapped all over the place. I was surprised to learn that truckers wave at you when you drive one of these things! Pleasantly surprised though. They get slapped around by the wind pretty good too.

Well, that's all for now, maybe more tomorrow.

rong

Thanks for updating.  I enjoy reading these sorts of "trip reports"
If its not too far out of your way, I'd suggest Bryce Canyon in Utah.  I'm told its better than the grand canyon, I hope to make it there myself someday.

The Rev

Quote from: rong on November 03, 2011, 12:16:00 AM
Thanks for updating.  I enjoy reading these sorts of "trip reports"
If its not too far out of your way, I'd suggest Bryce Canyon in Utah.  I'm told its better than the grand canyon, I hope to make it there myself someday.

Yeah, it's pretty, but we need to get our old bones south to some warm. Soon.  :)

The Rev

We are in Greeley, Co now. Expect the kids to come over after a while. We will probably stay here until Sunday morning, then head south.

Water lines froze last night but thawed today with no broken pipes.

The Rev

We are at Lake Pueblo State Park in southern Colorado tonight. I had wanted to make it to New Mexico but the damn wind was beating me up. Remember, I drive a 34' long breadbox on wheels. I-25 had wind advisories out for high profile vehicles (us).

So tomorrow we will make it to New Mexico, our 4th state so far on this journey. We think as a rule a couple of hundred miles a day when we move is good. As soon as we get to warmer weather we will stay in one place longer than we have so far.

It is pretty here, it's semi-arid, but we are in butte country and the lake is pretty good sized. We are far enough above the water to not feel the wind effect coming across it. Tonight we will use the generator since we are in a campground where there is no electrical hook-up.

It was good to see the kids and grandkids. We will see them again next year when it warms up where they are.

Okay for now, more as it comes!

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Charley Brown on November 03, 2011, 10:40:33 PM
We are in Greeley, Co now. Expect the kids to come over after a while. We will probably stay here until Sunday morning, then head south.

How did you find Greeley? I'm right up the road in Fort Collins. Curious to hear an impression of that city that's not over-burdened by a familiarity with it's reputation.

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Rev

Quote from: Pastor M.Blastor, LLC on November 07, 2011, 11:42:23 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on November 03, 2011, 10:40:33 PM

How did you find Greeley? I'm right up the road in Fort Collins. Curious to hear an impression of that city that's not over-burdened by a familiarity with it's reputation.

Terri's son lives there and we lived in Colorado for over 20 years, in the Denver area as well as the Elizabeth area. Also we are/were horse people and Greeley has a kicking rodeo every year. My son lives in Englewood too. Our ties to Colorado are deep and extensive. My son and I used to hunt the BLM land around Villa Grove every year. When I first moved to Denver it was still a cow town and Greeley was a wide spot in the road. We used to stop at Johnsons Corner for breakfast on our way to hunt pheasants around Wiggins. Ft. Collins was just a college town.

We may have found our winter home here in New Mexico. We bought an annual State Parks camping pass that cost $100.00 after our discounts were applied. That's for an entire year. If we decide we want a site that has electrical it's only $4.00 per night to camp. More importantly, we had all the windows wide open because it was so nice outside.

We are at Santa Rosa Lake State Park and plan to spend at least a couple of weeks here. There is so much beauty here in New Mexico, so much to see and do. We are going to establish residence here using a P.O. Box, that way we can get fishing licenses at resident rates.

Night before last we stayed at Sugarite Canyon near Raton, it was beautiful, but just too cold that far north. On our way down here we did stop at the Fort Union ruins, that was pretty cool. It was in the foothills so it was still too cold there. Santa Rosa is in Central Eastern New Mexico, far enough away from the Rockies that the mountain temperatures don't reach us.

Carlsbad is only about 200 miles away and we will probably go see that this winter as well. Next move may be a short one to Fort Sumner though.

Guess that's all for now, things to do today!

ETA; My grand daughter graduates from CSU in December.  :)

Dysfunctional Cunt

That is so cool Charley!  Is the pass just for NM or is it one of those anywhere in the US?

Glad you've found a base to work out from!!

The Rev

Quote from: Khara on November 08, 2011, 05:51:56 PM
That is so cool Charley!  Is the pass just for NM or is it one of those anywhere in the US?

Glad you've found a base to work out from!!

Just for NM. It's a hell of a deal for sure.

Luna

I'm jealous, Charley, it sounds great.

When I was a kid, we used to go through caves a lot.  Carlsbad is on my list of places to see.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."