News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Life of Nobody

Started by Adios, May 13, 2010, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rev

Car Museum in Santa Rosa

Carlsbad Cavern

OasisState Park

Terri in the Florida (Floreeda) Mountains at Rockhound State Park

Rockhound State Park

Rockhound State Park

The Rev

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have an identical picture of the giant tit in Carlsbad Caverns.

My favorite thing about that place (oh god, I hope they haven't changed it) is that it's still 1975 down there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Rev

Quote from: Nigel on February 08, 2012, 08:12:29 PM

My favorite thing about that place (oh god, I hope they haven't changed it) is that it's still 1975 down there.

They can't change anything and they are VERY protective of all of it! I am glad they added the elevator though, otherwise we couldn't have gotten down there.

The Rev

We met an 83 year old woman who has been a full time RV'er for 26 years when we were at Rockhound. She had just moved up from her 21 day stay at Pancho Villa. She was just getting over a viral infection and was unable to walk her dog so we offered to take over the job while we were there.

While she was at Pancho Villa somebody started banging on the outside of her home one night. She promptly pulled her gun and threatened to shoot him while she was calling the cops. When they showed up the guy was gone, but Mickey still had her gun in her hand and was still pissed.

She showed the cop the gun and said if she had to call them back to bring the coroner. The cop looked the gun over and said it should be able to get the job done.

I got to thinking about this, and it came to me that in so many places in America today that the cop would have drawn his weapon and made her get on the ground and handcuffed her. Every cop out there knows the almost every one of us living out here are armed to the teeth, and here, at least, they think it is a very good idea.

Here, unless you are in a town the police have a very small profile, excluding border patrol, and there is a ton of area to cover.

I think the Borderlands are a living part of the Old America and I am glad for it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 08, 2012, 08:14:37 PM

They can't change anything and they are VERY protective of all of it! I am glad they added the elevator though, otherwise we couldn't have gotten down there.

They can't change the lounge area, info walls, and concession stands? Why not?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Rev

Quote from: Nigel on February 08, 2012, 09:37:06 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on February 08, 2012, 08:14:37 PM

They can't change the lounge area, info walls, and concession stands? Why not?

Oh, they can change that stuff, just nothing in the grand cavern or the other ones.

Juana

CHARELY! Visit Lincoln county while you're in NM if you can! Seriously one of the prettiest places in the South West.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Rev

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on February 09, 2012, 03:03:59 AM
CHARELY! Visit Lincoln county while you're in NM if you can! Seriously one of the prettiest places in the South West.

What town is in that county? I think we might have been there, will have to check the map after a while.

Triple Zero

Roger already said this but I'm also real happy you're enjoying yourself so much and having a great time! You totally deserve it man. Is your health doing okay as well? Seems so in that pic of you with the dogs, but it's not much to judge from :) You're still in a wheelchair right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Rev

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 09, 2012, 09:49:38 PM
Roger already said this but I'm also real happy you're enjoying yourself so much and having a great time! You totally deserve it man. Is your health doing okay as well? Seems so in that pic of you with the dogs, but it's not much to judge from :) You're still in a wheelchair right?

Off and on in the chair. If I am willing to eat lots of pain meds I can walk for about a mile now. That picture above of Terri on the mountain took 4 days to recover from and was worth every damn second of it.

Strangely, I have taken myself off of almost all of my meds, I still take pain pills and the bladder medicine and still cath myself, but am healthier right now than I have been in 4 years. As long as I am careful and cath myself before walks, I don't even need to wear a diaper full time anymore.

Thank you for the well wishes, I hope one day you all get the chance to live like this, on the road. I came out here to die and now it seems I will live and we have met several others that were told by doctors that they would be dead several years ago.

I do miss sex, since the last surgery the nerve damage is permanent and I will never get an erection again.

Triple Zero

Aww your post was all "that sounds great!" and then that last line :( Does no erection also mean no orgasm? (no idea since I never had one without the other)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Rev

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 09, 2012, 10:47:47 PM
Aww your post was all "that sounds great!" and then that last line :( Does no erection also mean no orgasm? (no idea since I never had one without the other)

The orgasm is only a shadow of former self, I just get a chill all over and then it's done, no ejaculation. Dude, life is fucking fantastic. The upside to the nerve damage is I can no longer feel the bladder pain, at all. More than a fair trade!

Juana

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 09, 2012, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on February 09, 2012, 03:03:59 AM

What town is in that county? I think we might have been there, will have to check the map after a while.
Carrizozo and Ruidoso are the only decently sized places, but it's the county Billy the Kid is from.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."