News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Life of Nobody

Started by Adios, May 13, 2010, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Wicked! Mountains to the East, mountains to the West, then a whole nother bunch of Mountains to the North! And those woods look a fair old size too! A Bloke could get lost out there without Google maps. You zoom out, and theres just more and more of it! And a River really does run through it. But "Ronald Reagan" Highway? 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Juana

I've been thinking about visiting my family in Colorado, which would include my grandmother and her husband, who live in a little town in Your Colorado. I think I will visit next summer. You've made me miss it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Adios

Quote from: Hover Cat on August 25, 2010, 01:14:07 AM
I've been thinking about visiting my family in Colorado, which would include my grandmother and her husband, who live in a little town in Your Colorado. I think I will visit next summer. You've made me miss it.

Take pictures.

BadBeast

I miss it, and I only spent an hour on Google maps!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Adios

Villa Grove is where we hunted every year.

Juana

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 25, 2010, 01:23:12 AM
Quote from: Hover Cat on August 25, 2010, 01:14:07 AM

Take pictures.
Of course!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Caught up again.

Charley, I'm really loving your stuff, and I'm glad that you're still posting it here.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sorchafae

Charley...

Thank you again!! :D i love reading your stuff. you are great. (i totally agree with the need to take wannabe off your name tag).. now if i can just my story to sound that good, i wouldn't be freaking out that i'd never be able to find an agent or a publisher :P  I'd buy your book Charley :D
!!WARNING!! I Have ADOS... Attention-Deficit ...................OH SHINY!!

Adios

Quote from: Sorchafae on August 25, 2010, 05:16:48 PM
Charley...

Thank you again!! :D i love reading your stuff. you are great. (i totally agree with the need to take wannabe off your name tag).. now if i can just my story to sound that good, i wouldn't be freaking out that i'd never be able to find an agent or a publisher :P  I'd buy your book Charley :D

Thanks Hon!

I am not actually writing a book, I am telling stories that hopefully will make a book.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on August 25, 2010, 04:35:46 AM
Caught up again.

Charley, I'm really loving your stuff, and I'm glad that you're still posting it here.

:D

Sorchafae

well either way charley... you are a fabulous story teller... why do you think i liked going to break with you? :P Well between your stories, and being able to say something off color that would calm me down from the ledge were i wanted to scream obscenities at the next stupid customer to come across my phone, so in a sense... i owe the fact that i STILL work there to you... wait... i should say blame you.. ;)
!!WARNING!! I Have ADOS... Attention-Deficit ...................OH SHINY!!

Adios

Quote from: Sorchafae on August 25, 2010, 05:35:56 PM
well either way charley... you are a fabulous story teller... why do you think i liked going to break with you? :P Well between your stories, and being able to say something off color that would calm me down from the ledge were i wanted to scream obscenities at the next stupid customer to come across my phone, so in a sense... i owe the fact that i STILL work there to you... wait... i should say blame you.. ;)

:lulz:

Eve Hill

Just finished reading the whole thread. Love the way you write! If you decide to publish, I'd def buy a copy. :-)

Adios

Quote from: Eve Hill on August 27, 2010, 07:19:43 AM
Just finished reading the whole thread. Love the way you write! If you decide to publish, I'd def buy a copy. :-)

Thanks Eve, I appreciate it.

Adios

Due to some recent conversation, I have been asked to write about some of the encounters with ghosts I have experienced. Just remember, you asked for it.

We will start in Elizabeth, Colorado at the Running Creek Grill, which I owned. It was in a building built in the late 1800's. Now, I can't say this with certainty, but it seems to me that ghosts like kitchens. Terri had worked for the previous owner, and was now working for me. The following incidents occurred both before and after my time here.

Originally the building had been a house, situated right on the center of town on Highway 86. It was the typical wood frame 2 story building with a small cramped basement. It has been well maintained over the years and it still in use today as a restaurant. Last time I was there Buffalo Boyds owned it and was doing well. They made the best Monte Cristo sandwich, but back to the story.

The ghost at Running Creek was for the most part a playful little thing, a prankster. For some unknown reason we felt this ghost was a young boy. After doing some historical research we discovered there had been a 12 year old boy at around the turn of the century who was rumored to have been locked in the basement and starved to death.

Most of the things that happened were when we were busy. He wasn't shy at all. For instance one day at the peak of the rush, a stack of 20 or so to go containers flew off of the top shelf all the way across the kitchen. We just said, Oh, hi Chris. We called him Chris for lack of a better name.

Terri was running the grill and I was plating, and I held a plate out to her so she could put the eggs on it. As soon as she did my hand was slapped hard enough to send the plate flying up in the air. I yelled REFIRE FOR TABLE 10, and we recooked the meal. I could have sworn I heard a giggle.

These are just a couple examples of too many to tell. Things would move, disappear and reappear. We were always being kind of pushed and touched.

I almost lost an employee one day. She was alone in the dish room and I was cooking. I heard an ear piercing scream and took off to find out what was wrong. She was up against the wall, her eyes were huge and she looked terrified. It took her a few moments to tell me what had happened. She has been scrubbing pots and some had put a hand on her back and pushed gently, when she turned no one was there and she was pushed again.

Once I quit laughing I told her what had happened, then spent 30 minutes talking her out of quitting. From then on, everyone I hired was told up front about Chris.

Chris did have another side though. If he liked you, then all was good, but if he didn't you had to be careful.

A vendor was in the kitchen yelling because he was in a bad mood. Chris didn't like yelling or anger. There was a stack of dinner plates on the shelf and they started flying at the vendor, one at a time, until the stack was gone. That one cost me some good money to replace them.

Terri was his favorite, I think but he liked me as well. Probably because we spent the most time in the kitchen and we would talk to him.

One of my cooks was pitching a fit one day and he was pushed down the steep stairs into the basement. He wasn't hurt badly, but it was a lesson in anger management.

Raelene was behind the bar, we were packed as usual, and I had several bottles on a shelf so the customers could see what we carried. She was yelling at me again and the bottles flew off of the shelf, all hitting Raelene, then the floor.

Raelene was upstairs in the office and was in one of her moods. She was alone and the door slammed shut. We were busy and no one could hear her screaming. She couldn't get the door open, and it was 2 hours before we slowed down enough to hear her. Then the door opened. I liked Chris.

These are just a few of the highlights. There was some kind of activity on almost a daily basis.