News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Life of Nobody

Started by Adios, May 13, 2010, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

You were Hag ridden. She is usually a horrible old Woman, with talons for nails, and unkempt hair. Sometimes she sits on your chest with her face inches from your own, cackling insanely. Sometimes she's called Black Anna, and tries to force herself on you, seckshually. She is the Original Night Mare. Only she rides you, not the other way round.
Basically, it's sleep paralysis. But where it's usually just a short spell of lucid dreaming,  this is a lucid nightmare. You are wide awake, and you cant move, shout, or basically do anything. But I know what you went through, because I had the same thing when I was about 15. Fucking horrible. Cold, greasy sweats, Heart trying to burst out of your chest. I've woken up next to some startlingly unnattractive women in my time, but she's like the re-animated corpse of someones dead Granny. *Shivers*
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Adios

Yeah. This story I never tell around a campfire at night.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Adios

Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2010, 04:22:14 PM
Try this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Remember, my half of the bed was ripped to shit. I wasn't paralysed. And then there were the bruises.

BadBeast

She quite often presses down on your chest. And before you woke and were aware of her, you would have been in REM sleep, and could well have been thrashing around like a gibbon in a temper. When kids get it, they call it Night Terrors. Ther are quite often physical scars and scratches, and this may be where many examples of Stigmata have thier origins. Only they would have been in an ecstatic hypnogogic dream when waking, rather than a hellish Freddy Kruger style slasher movie.

Adios

Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2010, 04:29:33 PM
She quite often presses down on your chest. And before you woke and were aware of her, you would have been in REM sleep, and could well have been thrashing around like a gibbon in a temper. When kids get it, they call it Night Terrors. Ther are quite often physical scars and scratches, and this may be where many examples of Stigmata have thier origins. Only they would have been in an ecstatic hypnogogic dream when waking, rather than a hellish Freddy Kruger style slasher movie.

The bottom line for me is, I just don't want another one. Ever.

Jasper

A lot of Weirdness sounds unpleasant but interesting to try just once. 

This, not so much. 

Adios

Terri and I had been living together a while at this point. This evening we were sitting on the living room floor with over a hundred vinyl albums scattered all around. We were sipping wine, talking and listening to various albums.

We did this a lot, and those evenings are some of my favorite memories.

The music and the wine and the company were going down very well this night, better than most and that is saying a lot. I asked Terri to marry me. She kind of froze and was looking at me closely. I remained silent, allowing her to sort out her thoughts. She took her time, slowly sipping wine.

She said she thought things were going great between us. I agreed. She asked if I thought getting married would ruin it. I told her that we were still best friends. That were were in love with each other and that love just kept growing. So I told her that I honestly didn't think it would ruin what we had.

After a couple of minutes she said yes. Something happened. My heart felt like it was coming out of my chest, all I could see was a brilliant blue light. I could barely breathe. As I tried to look at her, I couldn't see her because of the blue light, I knew this was a special night.

As my vision slowly cleared I realized that I had a huge grin on my face, and I turned to Terri. She was looking at me with something mixed of horror and fear. I asked her what was wrong. She told me that a very bright light had been coming out of my eyes and lit the whole house up.

Well. We sat and talked, realizing neither of us had a clue about what had just happened, but she still wanted to marry me. That was a relief.

Before this night my eyes had always been a deep brown, after that night they have remained mostly green.

Was this a result of true happiness? I don't know. But we have been married more than 10 happy years now. No more blue flashes.

BadBeast

This won't explain anything, but I noticed many years ago if I had been up all night tripping, in the morning, light the light took on a bluish quality, especially around peoples eyes. I have since worked out a theory, that sounds acceptable to me. (Because it wasn't a hallucinatory light)  

One effect of Acid, is to open the pupils right up to the max. Which means you are viewing a larger part of the visible spectrum than you would usually. And the colours where we start to lose visible light, are red, at the low end, and blue, at the other. So my wide open pupils basically gave me retinal overdose of blue. And when the light was reflected back from someone elses eyes, (someone who had also been up all night) Their eyes were doing the same, so it seemed that blue witchlight was spilling out from their eyes. The other thing that I noticed, but never did quite get a credible answer for, is that their ears went pointy at the top too. And their eyeshape changed shape. According to my GF, this still happens to me now, if I'm tripping. My ears and eyes go pointy, and I look a bit like a "Big shiny Elf" sneaky little Goblin. And she doesn't do any tripping drugs at all.  :?

Adios

BadBeast

Adios

BadBeast

Adios

Terri and I were married in June of 2000. We went to Country Jam in Grand Junction, Colorado for our honeymoon. Five days of kicking concerts.

Our favorite band, Lonestar was there and they were going to sing Amazed which like millions we had adopted as our song. We had VIP seating and we were often on the on the giant screen dancing and loving.

A local DJ who was interviewing all of the acts before they came on also interviewed us once he found out it was out honeymoon. We told him we were there mostly to see Lonestar do our song.

While the DJ was interviewing Lonestar he brought us up and they talked about all the people who related to the song. By now Terri and I were staff favorites. We shared our beer, and would talk to them all the time. The parking staff got in the habit of saving us a spot right next to the gate.

Well, the night came for Lonestar. Of all the super big name acts they were the only ones to have the front of the stage barricaded and guarded. Well, we went down there anyway. Yhe guard looked at us and smoled and open the barricade. We handed the lead singer a rose and then we danced.

Oh how we danced, more like floating. There were 250,000 people watching but we felt alone. A couple of women were there and they took our picture as we danced to Lonestar. After the dance they told us how jealous they were and that they had taken out picture. They promised to send it to us.

Over the next year we often wondered about that picture those women took, but it never came. I mean we had moved several times and you know how random meetings work.

On the day of our first anniversary guess what was in the mail. A beautifully framed picture of us dancing to Lonestar in front of 250,000 people while we were on our honeymoon. I opened the package and began crying, I showed it to Terri and she was crying. We still have the picture and it owns a special place in our home.

We have seen Lonestar since then, and we danced to Amazed. As a matter of fact if we are out and we hear the first notes we quit whatever we may be doing ad search each other out to dance.Today I was driving and it came on the radio and I called Terri and left it as a voice mail. She does the same for me.

I ca see this happening when we are in our 80's and 90's. I love her so much.

Nast

D'awww. It's nice to hear about the real love between people, rather than the mawkish made-for-tv kind.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."