News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

For those of you in the area...

Started by Dimocritus, May 15, 2010, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Really big shew...

I know, it's spelled wrong. If you want something done right, don't have fucking punkers do it...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Iason Ouabache

Dimo, I finally got off of my ass and listened to some of your music. You guys kick ass. Sorry that I didn't have plans to be in Providence tonight... Or ever, really.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Dimocritus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 16, 2010, 06:48:34 AM
Dimo, I finally got off of my ass and listened to some of your music. You guys kick ass. Sorry that I didn't have plans to be in Providence tonight... Or ever, really.

Thanks. And don't worry about it.  :D

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on May 16, 2010, 03:06:23 PM
Ah shit.  Was this yesterday?

Yeah, no worries. We have a less expensive show coming up in two weeks or so, anyhow. It was pretty good last night, we parlayed the one gig into a double. After Hell, we played at some joint, McShaney's or Mc Shanley's or something. And we were all hella' drunk...

Suu

Is there anything coming up this week? GS is home while the archaeology lab finds him another site to go dig up. We've been meaning to check you guys out again, but every time you play we have something going on.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also this weekend:

GS: Paraplegics are totally steampunk.

Me: ...You mean Dimo's band?!

GS: No no...I mean that guy over there in the wheelchair with no arms and no legs.

Me: You mean a QUADRAPLEGIC?!

GS: Wheelchairs! WHEELCHAIRS ARE STEAMPUNK! YES! BULLY! *swigs Jack Daniels*

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Suu on May 18, 2010, 05:14:37 PM
Also this weekend:

GS: Paraplegics are totally steampunk.

Me: ...You mean Dimo's band?!

GS: No no...I mean that guy over there in the wheelchair with no arms and no legs.

Me: You mean a QUADRAPLEGIC?!

GS: Wheelchairs! WHEELCHAIRS ARE STEAMPUNK! YES! BULLY! *swigs Jack Daniels*

:lulz: I loled.

I don't think there's any gigs lined up for this weekend, but I could be wrong (I am the singer after all. I don't really know what's going on). But, I just finished the semester so I'll be around and feeling celebratory  :D

EDIT: Yeah. Next booked gig is the 28th at Hell.

Suu

Sunday I have a one-day con in ManchVegas hocking MSY books to the unsuspecting masses, but I am totally free Saturday night as I was only scheduled for the day. HUZZAH!

So when are you guys going to cover Lady Gaga?!

Dimocritus

Quote from: Suu on May 18, 2010, 05:33:04 PM
Sunday I have a one-day con in ManchVegas hocking MSY books to the unsuspecting masses, but I am totally free Saturday night as I was only scheduled for the day. HUZZAH!

So when are you guys going to cover Lady Gaga?!

lol, probably never. Though, if we did, we'd probably do "Telephone," as it's my fave cut. Let me know what's going on, I'll make myself available. Hit me up on my telephone.

My telephone. M-M-My telephone. I'm out in the club and I'm sippin' that bub, and you're (not) gonna reach my telephone.

LMNO

I think a Gaga-meets-Agnostic-Front cover of that would be awesome.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on May 18, 2010, 05:55:56 PM
I think a Gaga-meets-Agnostic-Front cover of that would be awesome.

The breakdown in that song (I think it's the part w/Beyonce) is fucking bad-ass. It would be worth it just for that. But that song is the shit, from beginning to end. I need to start a new band so I can start doing some of this stuff...

LMNO

Yes.  Yes you should.

In fact, you should commute to Allston once a week so I can be in that band with you.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on May 18, 2010, 06:00:10 PM
Yes.  Yes you should.

In fact, you should commute to Allston once a week so I can be in that band with you.

Well, I should, hopefully, be back in a vehicle by mid-summer (knock on wood), so we'll see. I would totally be down for that. How far is Allston from Providence? How far is it from Sutton Ma.?

LMNO

Both places are about an hour from Allston.  A slightly rough commute.