News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

MMORPG lovers, here?

Started by Abbess Jade, May 16, 2010, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

its just idlerpg with a better interface.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I used to play MUDs, played EQ, Anarchy Online, WoW and a bunch of others for a brief period but never stuck with any MMORPG- Probably because they are boring.

I play EVE sometimes, but that's mostly because I don't have to pay for it and you can do whatever the fuck you want and you still progress when you don't play.

Gonna have to check out Progress Quest.

Suu

FUCK MMOs.

-Suu
Former Gamer Widow.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

NO U!
                             \

Abbess Jade

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 18, 2010, 03:48:26 AM
I thought Shin Megami Tensei was a JRPG for the super famicom?

Shin Megami Tensei is a series of games by Atlus. They also made the Digital Devil series as well as the Persona series (which is an addition to MegaTen). Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine is the relatively recent MMORPG that they came up with. Decent, but...

Quote from: Suu on May 18, 2010, 11:34:16 PM
FUCK MMOs.

-Suu
Former Gamer Widow.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THEM YET.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on May 18, 2010, 08:26:00 PM
you're wrong - users, graphics, decision making, character building, using the mouse and keyboard... these things are the cancer of MMOs! PQ gives you everything you actually want with none of the bullshit.

it's true!

research has shown that 73% of all cheating in MMORPGLBS happens because of player-to-player interaction!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Abbess Jade

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 19, 2010, 09:14:43 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 18, 2010, 08:26:00 PM
you're wrong - users, graphics, decision making, character building, using the mouse and keyboard... these things are the cancer of MMOs! PQ gives you everything you actually want with none of the bullshit.

it's true!

research has shown that 73% of all cheating in MMORPGLBS happens because of player-to-player interaction!

but that's what makes it fuuuun. c:

Requia ☣

Ok, I give, what does the LBS stand for?

Holy shit! Progress Quest is epic!

Jasper

BabylonHoruv

I'm also a game design student.  I play WoW, I was trying to get into Project Entropia but my computer is too slow.  I play Secret Society Wars and used to play Kingdom of Loathing.  My roommate plays Everquest.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Requia ☣

Hmm, what exactly am I supposed to do in secret society wars?

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 22, 2010, 11:08:46 PM
Hmm, what exactly am I supposed to do in secret society wars?

there's a few possible goals, but the main one is to join a secret society and take over the universe. along the way you travel to strange and exotic places, meet new and interesting people, and have sex with them, or kill them, depending on your preferences.

It's a turn based MMO like Kingdom of Loathing.  you progress through 33 degrees, each degree has a different goal.  Then at degree 33 you get to take part in taking over the universe with battledrones.  Or you can dimit and start the degrees all over if you prefer.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The_Professor

wait wait... planetside is making a comeback? that game was hella epic after the rush to play wore off and the bugs got worked out, I remember dropping out of a airplane on to a base with my assualt team, smashing our way down the defended corridors (had to be over 150 players at the base, all flying fighters, driving tanks, leaping over crap in powered armor) and blowing up the spawn points... hell some of my best most epic video game moments were spent in planetside....

whats this about a comeback?!?!

holy hell thought I was done with MMO's guess I was wrong, just read everything online about P2 and am excited!

Telarus

I've seen concept art..  :eek:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!