market research

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 16, 2010, 09:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Roaring Biscuit!

I dunno whether this is awesome or not yet, but, I am join-ed

x

LMNO

I'm in, but only because it's not blocked at work, yet.

tyrannosaurus vex

I'm still wondering how to get some kind of "everybody can see this right away" functionality....
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jasper

Still trying to figure out how to make stuff show up on the front page.

Cramulus

tyrannosaurus vex

Findings so Far:

Got "groups" established for HIMEOBS, WOMP, and Intermittens with various media uploaded (WOMP faces, Intermittens 1-7, etc). Looks like this could be a good venue for collaboration (wiki-style) since it can be broken into projects and projects can be created/destroyed pretty easily.

Blogs are working but I don't have much interest in that feature.

Definitely not a replacement for the kind of energy that can be generated on this forum, but it would allow ongoing projects to be more focused and easier to browse through. Also allows for easier organization of media items like pdfs/pictures, and keeps them from getting lost somewhere in a 400 page thread.

Triple Zero

how about backups and the stuff not getting lost such as happened to cyowbha?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 19, 2010, 03:47:20 PM
how about backups and the stuff not getting lost such as happened to cyowbha?

cwyohba was just a random ftp space with no administrative interface, and it only got lost because i lost the ability/motivation to maintain that account. spagbook on the other hand is a full site with administrative/backup utilities, and its hosting account is under the same master account i use for a number of other personal projects. i can also back up everything that's uploaded separately as it isn't locked in a database, it's just files that get linked to. so it's stable and reliable. i wouldn't worry about it.

Triple Zero

ok cool, just checking :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

So how's the social network thing going now?

I should sign up, I guess (or did you keep accounts from previous sites you did, cause then I might still have one)

As I just thought, it's too bad the WOMP-cave is gone ... maybe we can revive that in this social network thingy. I just saw you already creoted a group for WOMP?

tyrannosaurus vex

There's a WOMP group. The social network itself is pretty much crawling along at just below a snail's pace due to everybody wanting to see results without investing any effort. Including myself.

The Internet is a terrible place to Get Things Done™.

Triple Zero

That's fine, I can be patient.

Let me know when it takes off, okay?

;-)

Captain Utopia

I wonder if it'd be possible to layer some of this on top of the forum itself?  E.g. the last posts of the user as a status update feed, public comments feeding back into the board, and non-public comments visible only to "friends", rather than cluttering up the board.

Telarus

Good idea. Not sure how to implement it, tho.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!