News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Can someone do a science to

Started by BadBeast, May 18, 2010, 09:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Then we're on the same page because that's what I was talking about.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Reginald Ret

Even though you convinced me that it won't be anything close to human i still think it would be an interesting experiment to simulate a living brain.

Dammit. i hate being wrong.
There is something about PD that rubs my face into the shittyness of my ideas.
It is addictive.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Kai

Quote from: Regret on May 18, 2010, 10:23:37 PM
Even though you convinced me that it won't be anything close to human i still think it would be an interesting experiment to simulate a living brain.

Dammit. i hate being wrong.
There is something about PD that rubs my face into the shittyness of my ideas.
It is addictive.

Oh, I think that would be bloody awesome/excellent. Probably not the best bet for a personal computer, but if you could simulate a great number of human-like neural networks working on a problem, it could possibly come up with some novel solutions.

As for the op's "mind transfer" hypothesis, yeah, its really just a fantasy. But sometimes dreams and fantasy can spur discovery.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Quote from: Regret on May 18, 2010, 10:23:37 PM

LEARN TO PROGRAM

BUILD ARTIFICIAL LIFE/EVOLUTION PROGRAMS

IS GREAT FUN
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"