News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

ITT: We plan the Dok's arrival on the East Coast.

Started by Suu, May 19, 2010, 01:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on May 20, 2010, 03:45:57 AM
We've got a place off India Point with one HELL of a buffet.  There's also the joint nearby, but the quality is about the same for higher price.

Buffet?

Could try that, just to try different foods.
Molon Lube

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on May 20, 2010, 03:54:43 AM
It's good. Pretty standard Indian fare.

You have to remember, I am relatively new to this whole "real food" thing.
Molon Lube

Suu

Oh that's right, you're from....out West...

In that case, when we go to Boston, we're going to the North End. You need a right proper cannoli.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

I'm getting off the Edinburgh airport that friday morning, so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to Providence.

BUT HAVE INSANE AMOUNTS OF FUN WITHOUT ME ANYWAY!! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Suu on May 20, 2010, 03:23:05 AM
He wants to see seedy shit, we're going to show him seedy, even if he has to be stone sober through it.

He wants seedy shit, so you're taking him to Bukowskis, which caters to hipsters and beer snobs?

In that area, TC's Pub is the closest you'll get to seedy.  But I shan't argue, being both a hipster and a beer snob.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on May 20, 2010, 01:21:03 PM
Quote from: Suu on May 20, 2010, 03:23:05 AM
He wants to see seedy shit, we're going to show him seedy, even if he has to be stone sober through it.

He wants seedy shit, so you're taking him to Bukowskis, which caters to hipsters and beer snobs?

In that area, TC's Pub is the closest you'll get to seedy.  But I shan't argue, being both a hipster and a beer snob.

True...but it's still kinda divey. It's not like I'm going to be epic fail and take him to Dick's Last Resort, because that's not like it used to be. I also know of a divey pub downtown on Kingston, but finding a place that has a food menu is ideal, since he doesn't drink, but the atmosphere is key.

...Never been to TC's. Is it everything I could hope for and more?

LMNO

Dank, dark, cheap beer, posters of 1980's pinups on the ceiling, Big Buck Hunter, and a fairly good jukebox.  Just off of Mass Ave, across from Berklee.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on May 20, 2010, 02:28:54 PM
Dank, dark, cheap beer, posters of 1980's pinups on the ceiling, Big Buck Hunter, and a fairly good jukebox.  Just off of Mass Ave, across from Berklee.

Yes. This sounds AMAZING.

That One Guy

I must agree with LMNO regarding TC's over Bukowski's. TC's is a goddam dive in the pure sense, with a surprisingly decent beer selection for those interested.

What time are the Boston shenanigans happening on the 11th? Depending on timing I should be able to make it out and about after work (post-6PM) to revel in the madness. Otherwise I must only bask in the reflected glow of awesome.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Suu

"This place is a straight dump staff is very rude and not helpful"

YES. THIS.

LMNO

I know I can hang for lunch in Copley (which includes TC's).

For later that evening, I still have to rope Mrs LMNO into it, but we can go anywhere in the city.

Kai

Too bad I'll be in Santa Fe during the whole thing.  :cry:

Can't even see Dok when I'm out there, because he'll be out east.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

This seems like an appropriate time to mourn the loss of the Blue Moon, as that place woulda been perfect.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"