News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Sometimes Good-Guys Don't Wear White

Started by Dimocritus, May 19, 2010, 07:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

You called (him) a heathen. And a pervert. And an outright asshole.
You said, "How can someone as smart as (you) think these things?"
And (he) told you about how those who believed the Earth to be flat, and how they ridiculed, then murdered those that claimed it to be spherical.
You said, "Whatever..."

Then, well, the shit hit the fan, hard and fast, as it often does. There were madmen with guns (they may have been called "the police," they may have been called your ex-boyfriend. The details are unimportant). At this point, (he), the perverted heathen asshole, put (himself) in the center of the swirling shit-storm. (He) lowered (his) voice, and touched the center of the tornado, and soon it was gone. Silence in the dark.

You held on to (him) and said, in hushed tones, "Thank (you) for all you've done. But I'm still scared."

(He) held tighter, and whispered back, "You don't have to be. Not right now." The heathen, the pervert, the asshole. "This is what the real good-guys look like."

And she said, "Save me. At least for the night." And (he) did. Many times over, and over.

And in the morning (he) was gone...

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cramulus

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on May 19, 2010, 08:24:13 PM
I likes it

It was a looooong strange night last night. Nice tornado!

Are you going to be around when Rog comes to town?

Jasper

Almost always, the ones who matter are completely unafraid of social sanction.  Each example you will find will bear this out.  They know what matters, and 'the regard of the masses' just doesn't make that list.

Freeky

Juana

Very nice, Dimo. :) I like the use of parenthesis here.

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 19, 2010, 10:40:31 PM
Almost always, the ones who matter are completely unafraid of social sanction.  Each example you will find will bear this out.  They know what matters, and 'the regard of the masses' just doesn't make that list.
^ This.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Hover Cat on May 20, 2010, 01:26:08 AM
Very nice, Dimo. :) I like the use of parenthesis here.

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 19, 2010, 10:40:31 PM
^ This.

Thankee, Floating Feline.

Cramulus

Quote from: dimo on May 19, 2010, 10:03:27 PM

I am planning on it

no guarantees, but probably

can't wait to meet ye, man!

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on May 20, 2010, 03:02:16 PM
Quote from: dimo on May 19, 2010, 10:03:27 PM

I am planning on it

no guarantees, but probably

can't wait to meet ye, man!

Fuck, yeah!

:awesome:

President Television

Cram and Dimo? Only mass slaughter fun can come of this...
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Dimocritus

Oops. Missed some paranthesis. Fixt.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."