News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Ron Paul's kid running for office: Is opposed to the civil rights act of 1964.

Started by Doktor Howl, May 21, 2010, 02:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on May 24, 2010, 04:12:35 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 22, 2010, 01:01:18 AM

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/libertarians-on-pauls-civil-rights-stance-very-reasonable.php?ref=fpc

"The spirit of non-discrimination," said Block "ends you right up in compulsory bisexuality."

I'm not sure what that last sentence means, nor do I really want to.

If you make a strawman out of non-discrimination logic, and then take it to it's furthest extreme, then to prefer one gender over another in terms of sexual attraction would be considered discriminatory.

It's kind of like the "gay marriage = legalized beastiality" argument.
See, there was my problem. I assume that Block wasn't a blooming idiot.

Speaking of blooming idiots, Sarah Palin is defending Rand and says that Maddow was "prejudiced".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/23/palin-on-maddow-rand-paul_n_586353.html

Quotepeaking to "Fox News Sunday," the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee said that Paul was being subjected to the same biased media coverage that marked her run for office, before offering her Tea Party-backed candidate a bit of advice.

"One thing we can learn in this lesson that I have learned and Rand Paul is learning now is don't assume that you can engage in a hypothetical discussion about constitutional impacts with a reporter or a media personality who has an agenda, who may be prejudiced before they even get into the interview in regards to what your answer may be," Palin said. "You know, they are looking for the gotcha moment. And that evidently appears to be what they did with Rand Paul, and I'm thankful he clarified his answer about his support for the Civil Rights Act."

Asking hard questions that require some thought and nuance = GOTCHA!

Also:

One thing we can learn in this lesson that I have learned ...   :lulz:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

This just in: Rand Paul is no fan of the 14th amendment.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2010/05/28/paul_opposes_citizenship_for_babies_of_illegals/

QuoteLegislation dubbed the Birthright Citizenship Act was introduced in the House last year seeking to prevent citizenship to babies born to illegal immigrants even though the 14th Amendment to the Constitution guarantees citizenship to everyone born in the U.S.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on May 28, 2010, 04:36:18 PM
This just in: Rand Paul is no fan of the 14th amendment.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2010/05/28/paul_opposes_citizenship_for_babies_of_illegals/

QuoteLegislation dubbed the Birthright Citizenship Act was introduced in the House last year seeking to prevent citizenship to babies born to illegal immigrants even though the 14th Amendment to the Constitution guarantees citizenship to everyone born in the U.S.

Don't you know, Alphapance? The constitution doesn't mean anything, next to the bible, which is what America was really founded on. Especially because it was written by that communist fascist Tomas Jefferson.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Thurnez Isa

I can't wait till all those Ron Paul fanboys come up with their conspiracy theories about how everyone is trying to destroy his son's image... and blah blah blah
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit