News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Difficult Decision

Started by Dimocritus, May 22, 2010, 10:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Undetermined)

Yes
12 (42.9%)
No
1 (3.6%)
Not Yet
5 (17.9%)
Do it Yesterday
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: May 23, 2010, 10:56:40 PM

Dimocritus

Ok, I've been dealing with an "issue" for some time now, and I've not been able to come to any thing that could be considered an agreeable solution. Catch 22 style. Damned if you do, damned if you blah blah blah. It's at a point where I feel a decision needs to be made before it becomes an even more fucked up situation, so instead of flipping a coin or trying to pick the lesser of two evils, I'm giving it up to Eris. So. Ummm. Go.

If you don't mind...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Iason Ouabache

Zero "no" votes so far.  We are full of good advice.  :lulz:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Freeky

Poor Dimo. Hopefully he disregards whatever wins the poll and makes up his own mind.

BabylonHoruv

We seem to be a board in favor of drastic action.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Vene

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on May 23, 2010, 04:38:23 AM
We seem to be a board in favor of drastic action.
So drastic that it needs to already be done. Get on it, spag.

Suu

Next time, just believe me when I tell you that cucumbers, Louisiana hot sauce, and KY Jelly are the answer to the universe. Geez...Kids these days.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

Frankly I'm surprised so many voted "not yet". 

Didn't take pd crew as the hesitant type. ;)

Freeky

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 23, 2010, 05:53:46 AM

I think it's more procrastination. :wink:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 23, 2010, 05:53:46 AM

Yeah, but it's DIMO we're talking about here.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Dimocritus

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 23, 2010, 04:12:19 AM
Poor Dimo. Hopefully he disregards whatever wins the poll and makes up his own mind.

I appreciate this, Freeky, but it really is equally cruddy no matter what happens. Emotions make a monkey of us all, sometimes...

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on May 23, 2010, 06:16:58 AM
Yeah, but it's DIMO we're talking about here.

You say that like it's a BAD thing...

Dimocritus

Also, it really sucks when every decision you have feels wrong when you're trying to do the right thing. You second guess everything you do, you try and weigh it on the scales when you realize that both steaming heaps weigh the same. Do I "man up" if it means someone gets hurt, or do I cop out like a coward and hurt someone else, or myself. Or, do nothing and hope that the whole damn thing fixes itself, or rips itself asunder. I normally am very sure of my actions, but this one is a toughie. It's fucking up my sleep schedule and other aspects of my life. I had to give it up. I just consider myself lucky that I can come here with this shit instead of some church or therapist.

Freeky

Dimocritus

Vene

I don't know how well it'll help with this specific situation, but I have a method for making difficult decisions. I consider any option I think is viable, then I pick the hardest one. See, if the right decision is the easy one, then the hard one wouldn't be a viable option and it wouldn't be a tough decision.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work when there are no easy options.

So, a different method, one that the girlfriend uses. She flips a coin. But she doesn't necessarily do what the coin says. If she likes the result, then that's the decision she does, if she finds herself wishing that the outcome was different, she does the other option.

Earthbound Spirit

I hate everyone.