News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

TV show recommendations?

Started by Brotep, May 24, 2010, 02:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Just seen the last one ever of the third series of "Ashes to Ashes". Don't know if it's showing in US yet, but watch out for it, it's well worth seeing.
I want them to re-run "Kingdom Hospital". That was the last thing I saw on the TV, that actually scared me in places that don't need scaring!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Brotep

Sweet, thanks for the massive amount of suggestions!
I pretty much just watch House these days.

@Faust:
Yeah, I love Venture Bros. and Harvey Birdman, when I catch them.

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 24, 2010, 08:17:19 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on May 24, 2010, 08:14:54 PM
I watch them from Torrents on the net, cause my schedule doesn't revolve around television but I like the following:

Dr. Who (First Four seasons 100% Awesome, current season... still undecided, but somewhere south of 100% awesome)
Supernatural (Good, not great... the Hardy Boys meets Buffy kinda?)
Leverage (Kicks Ass)
Bones (CSI + Black Comedy)
Reaper (pretty funny, lost their third season, so the story doesn't get a decent conclusion)

Also, if you like anime:
Full Metal Alchemist/Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Mushi-shi

They have this on Hulu. The ending is taking FORFUCKINGEVER to get through, but it's worth it. :D

Hahaha, very true. But if you go to fullmetalalchemist.com, they're always at least an episode ahead of hulu.

As for Mushi-shi...That's my favorite anime series. It's just beautiful.

Triple Zero

doctor who (the new-er series are easier to start with, Tennant's been my favourite doctor so far, but I havent seen enough of the old ones yet)
burn notice
how i met your mother (it's simple sitcom, but cute and somewhat original, also barney is fun)
big bang theory
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

Whenever I watch House, I keep expecting Hugh Laurie to lapse into "Bertie Wooster" mode.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

-Kel-

Quote from: Suu on May 24, 2010, 05:59:20 AM
Quote from: -Kel- on May 24, 2010, 05:50:56 AM

been digging the tudors

:crankey:

hahahaha.

i know its completely full of fallacies, but also full of fap juice.

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 24, 2010, 10:28:01 PM
doctor who (the new-er series are easier to start with, Tennant's been my favourite doctor so far, but I havent seen enough of the old ones yet)
burn notice
how i met your mother (it's simple sitcom, but cute and somewhat original, also barney is fun)
big bang theory
the new series was very mixed. In 2005 it started off really well and declined over time. By the end of tennants run it was shockingly poor. The new series is a really good so far. Stephen Moffat the new head writer is doing some great work, which isn't all that surprising as all the best episodes of the last five years were his.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

-Kel-

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 24, 2010, 10:28:01 PM

i have a copy of the "the bro code"

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Brotep on May 24, 2010, 02:03:56 AM
It's not like I need to waste more time watching tv, but if I do, I want to waste it on something good.

So, which tv shows do you prefer, and why?

I'm hooked on the History channel recently, particularly two shows: Ancient Aliens, and Gangland. I was on a TV hiatus for 5 odd years, and recently was blessed with the joys of cable. Ancient Aliens is kind of a mish mash run of conspiratorial junk and "Ancient Astronaut Theorists", with kind of a wide angle view of that "scene". It's ridiculous, funny, moderately entertaining, puzzling, and bizarre to see it on a channel devoted to History.

Gangland is a show about gangs across the world with their profiles, crimes, infiltrations, and general braggart one-upping on their enemies.

Fuck I don't know much about TV but I can tell you that History is a good channel for generally weird / bizarre bullshit day round. One day it's the History of America, the next they've got David Icke on talking about the History of Secret Societies and reptilian blood drinkers. IMO that's a win win combo.
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Suu

The History Channel has been pandering to the neocons as of late. Once they get over that phase I will gladly start watching other programs than Pawn Stars again.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: Suu on May 24, 2010, 11:50:59 PM
The History Channel has been pandering to the neocons as of late. Once they get over that phase I will gladly start watching other programs than Pawn Stars again.

Pawn Stars is fun in small doses, but I got sick of the History channel. It's all my ex would ever watch, ever. :|

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

The most History Channel I've ever watched was when I was convalescing from appendicitis surgery.

They played what seemed like all of the "History of Sex" episodes back to back while I was forbidden to walk, let alone what occurred naturally for me to do.

I was too groggy from the general anesthesia to remember anything besides little snippets of historical boobies and the recurring thought that my raging hardon was going rip out my stitches on its own.

I suspected that the hot pregnant surgeon must have noticed my carefully trimmed pubic hair and extremely fit physique because she was very awkward during the post-op brief. What had happened? Had I popped a boner while I was under? Did I partially wake up and ask for apple juice? Was she just trying to remain professional while her fetus was throttling her emotions? Was she worried I heard some rude comment she made about my tiny nipples?

It also could have been because I had vehemently argued for hypnotic general anesthesia, not the chemical kind, which they completely refused.

Anyways, that's my sexually charged little memory cluster for the History Channel.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Suu on May 24, 2010, 11:50:59 PM

I like it. I'm not sure if I'm a neocon or not, I don't think I am. Conspiracy talk and UFO research are good enough topics for entertainment to me tho. To me it's as close to a "Weekly World News: TV" as I've seen :)
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Abbess Jade

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 24, 2010, 04:10:22 AM
Quote from: Abbess Jade on May 24, 2010, 02:33:44 AM
Dr. Who. Funny, interesting, and great for passing time.

Which Doctor(s)?

I like the Third Doctor, the Eighth, and the Eleventh most.

The Eleventh is rather funny, if you ask me. I like him...so far...

...and of course the first!