News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Hello, Introducing Myself

Started by Rev. Dr. Narot, May 24, 2010, 05:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Dr. Narot

:lulz:

So I registered here this morning and felt obligated to state my presence and "hello" before any other BS. I'm Narot, a Californian, and I registered on the site this morning. What else? Haven't used any "forums" since the days of Usenet and BBS mania, so I'm like the guy who hasn't been to a bar in a decade popping his head in. I'm educated, unemployed, and probably in the right place. My hobbies include reading books, listening to music, watching videos, and engaging in social activities. Are there particular rules to abide by in these forums outside of each subheads description? Was it an impolite introduction? Good to be here.
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Cramulus

hey dude, welcome aboard. How'd you get into Our Lady Discord?

Thurnez Isa

Hello,
my hobbies include longs walks on the beach and romantic dinners by the fireplace.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dimocritus

There's already a thread for this. Plus an advice thread for newbs.

Good luck.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Hey stop hitting on the new boy TI

Rev. Dr. Narot

F me, I post this then notice there's an entire stickied thread for introductions. Great, welcome to 2010  :sad: Apologies for that first f'up, responding to Cramulus then abiding by what's stickied in the other threads :)

Cramulus: Well, I like many was a teenager, and noticed I didn't like how things were pretty early on. In my young teens I was an avid fan of things like Weekly World News, Disinfo magazines, BS, non-sense, music with tons of 23 references, etc. Read a few things about the Illuminati and whatever, finally ended up hearing about this book "The Illuminatus Trilogy". My aunt was a child of the hippie generation and a general weirdo, so that was my 16th birthday present. Took me a long time to "un-figure it out", read the Principia, had a few bouts with drugs and lunacy, sorted myself out and ended up still going back to it and enjoying it all along. As general and honest as it could be, and probably a similar tale to many of my peers.

Richter

Howdy!

Unspoken rules are as follows: don't be a dick unless it's funny, don't tell anyone else how to be a discoridan, share tasty cookie recipies for cookies as you find them, and don't tell the stiffy joke.  
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

RICHTER! DONT EVEN MENTION THE STIFFIE JOKE

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on May 24, 2010, 05:14:20 PM

I swear some posters never learn...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: Narot on May 24, 2010, 05:03:09 PM

So I registered here this morning and felt obligated to state my presence and "hello" before any other BS. I'm Narot, a Californian, and I registered on the site this morning. What else? Haven't used any "forums" since the days of Usenet and BBS mania, so I'm like the guy who hasn't been to a bar in a decade popping his head in. I'm educated, unemployed, and probably in the right place. My hobbies include reading books, listening to music, watching videos, and engaging in social activities. Are there particular rules to abide by in these forums outside of each subheads description? Was it an impolite introduction? Good to be here.

Do you know how to get off the island? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on May 24, 2010, 05:44:29 PM

Do you know how to get off the island? 

I do not know how to get off the island, nor do I have any good cookie recipes. I'm working on a hot sauce recipe though, which should be pretty good. I did live on an island for a few years but getting off of that one only took a plane ticket and a few hours, so it wasn't really noteworthy :)

Pope Pixie Pickle

YOU GOT TO GET TO THE CHOPPAH!

Richter

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 24, 2010, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 24, 2010, 05:14:20 PM

I swear some posters never learn...

We have to be certain of these things, we don't know where he's been!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dimocritus

WHY WON'T YOU STOP BEING SO NICE!!??!?! SAY SOEMTHING STOOPID, No0B!! I'M IN THE MOOD FOR CONFRONTATION!!! BLAAARRRGHH!!!!
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

tyrannosaurus vex

I give you two months or 300 posts, whichever comes first. After that you'll be flamed off the board because we're all incredible, unreasonable assholes.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.