News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Intermittens: A non-issue

Started by Dimocritus, May 24, 2010, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

So, I need a project for the summer to keep me out of trouble (see: spagging up the forums with nonsense) so I think I'm going to try my hand at an issue of Intermittens. I figure by doing an issue zero, other people can keep moving along with other numbered issues without having to wait for me to wrap this up. The theme is no theme (lame-o, I know but whatever) so just about anything goes. Now, because I've never really done this before, I may need a co-pilot, so if anyone's interested or has any ideas, lemme know!

(edited - remove sticky - Dok)
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cramulus

suggestion: don't call your issue "issue 0"

just assign it a number when you're done

Dimocritus

Quote from: Cramulus on May 24, 2010, 06:29:21 PM
suggestion: don't call your issue "issue 0"

just assign it a number when you're done

Ok, I was iffy about an issue 0 (it's so early 90's comic-book) but I felt it went with the theme (of no theme), and I like the idea that it would exist outside the "continuum" of the Intermittens chronology (I hope that made sense).

It doesn't have to be "0," but I would like it to be "off," somehow.Maybe a negative number or a letter or even just a picture or symbol. I want it to be un-clear as to where it "fits."

I'm not really sure if I'm explaining myself properly or not. Holla back Cram-dog.

Cramulus

we actually had a really long and gnashing thread about whether or not people should name their issues in order. Numerous people wanted to skip to issues 5 and 23, or use a fraction, a wingding, or a variable.

the thing is, it's your issue, you can call it whatever you want -- but naming them in order will help other people figure out the chronology of which issue came when. If you name yours out of sequence, it impacts the issue number for everybody that makes one after you. Not a huge deal, but it'll make it a lot less frustrating if you're trying to read all of them, or COLLECT THEM ALL.

Dimocritus

Ok, now that you 'splained it, I totally understand. I can see how going down that road could become frustrating.

The "0" and the theme of "a non-issue" was half my idea, though. Maybe I should start over.

Crud. I'll think of something...

Storebrand

Name it what ever you like then put the correct number in parens at the end. 

Cramulus

just to get your juices flowing, here's what I consider the (potential) building blocks of a good intermittens issue:

1. current events in discordia. (like a newspaper) Have there been any pranks, plans, gatherings, or other IRL spaggotry you can "report" on?
2. "fluff" - opinion pieces, essays, rants, history, "here's my take on discordia", etc
3. "crunch" - articles which give you something you can use, build, or do.
4. art - original artwork is best.
5. puzzles, games, activities - like crossword puzzles, riddles, etc

the last yatto

i actually like the idea of a preissue, but you will have to warp it a bit. talkin about past events as if its currently whats what
toss it together like a cheap b&w magizine as like a test, over explain the concept of the intermittens magazine almost as if it a new audience your trying to grab

then at the end, or whereever you put the credits, have the correct issue number
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Hey dimo,

I'll be your illustrator for the entire issue, BUT I will only use mac paint and spend no more than 15 minutes per piece.

All but one illustration will be public domain as soon as I send it to you, so you can immediately start defacing them in any manner you please.

Here are my only caveats:

• I will start making these ridiculous things as soon as you have a "for-sure I'm using these pieces" list that comprises at least half of your total items.
• I get to have my way with the ass page (back cover), no meddling allowed. You get to do whatever you want with all other illustrations (you don't even need to use them) and you get dibs on the cover.
• My offer to make quick illustrations is good for 1 month after you agree on a finalized theme.
• You must clearly identify each illustration as public domain.
• You have to come up with a final theme within 2 weeks of this post.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

^
this is a man who knows how to get things done!

:mittens: awarded for being brave enough to put your balls directly on the eating surface

Dimocritus

Holy crap! Pinned! I better get started...

Dimocritus

Hrm. If R.B. is down, we could do a non-issue for non-discordians, which would be a... umm... an issue for discodians?  :|

Dimocritus

Ooh, y'know what? If RB is down, we could do one of those split books, like turn the book over and upside down and it's another cover. Y'know, Like half the text is one way, the middle is the end, but when you flip it over... you know what I mean.

Like one side could be "a non-issue for Discordians" and the other side could be "An issue for non-Discordians"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: dimo on May 24, 2010, 11:54:31 PM
Ooh, y'know what? If RB is down, we could do one of those split books, like turn the book over and upside down and it's another cover. Y'know, Like half the text is one way, the middle is the end, but when you flip it over... you know what I mean.

Like one side could be "a non-issue for Discordians" and the other side could be "An issue for non-Discordians"

I like it.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Placid Dingo

I like the non-issue, but I also love the idea of a collaboration with RB.

If you need space filled, give me a word limit and a theme. Or just let me know the kind of stuff you need.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.