News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Intermittens: A non-issue

Started by Dimocritus, May 24, 2010, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

I pmed you pretty much the same, but, I'm down with this idea

would you want it split down the centre, or you do odd pages and I do evens?

x

edd

Placid Dingo

No idea if you can turn this into something coherent

But on the point of 'non-issue', issue zero etc,

I do notice that issue 11 could artisticly be written to imply 1-1 (one minus one)
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on May 25, 2010, 12:07:46 PM
I pmed you pretty much the same, but, I'm down with this idea

would you want it split down the centre, or you do odd pages and I do evens?

x

edd

I'd say split down the middle. That way we're not spagging up each others stuff with our own issues (lol)

Quote from: Placid Dingo on May 25, 2010, 12:25:56 PM
No idea if you can turn this into something coherent

But on the point of 'non-issue', issue zero etc,

I do notice that issue 11 could artisticly be written to imply 1-1 (one minus one)

I like this idea. We could each put a 1 on each of our covers, and toghether it'll be 11, or 1-1.

Quote from: Placid Dingo on May 25, 2010, 08:02:37 AM
I like the non-issue, but I also love the idea of a collaboration with RB.

If you need space filled, give me a word limit and a theme. Or just let me know the kind of stuff you need.

Hell, you know how it works, write it, and if it's all good, we'll print it! But first...

Now that the basic logictics are agreed upon, I'd like to try and develop the idea of a "non-issue." What's a non-issue for Discordians? Maybe just typical Discordian stuff, like the symbology etc. We could just use it to celebrate all things Discordian in general, but I'm not sure that would differentiate this issue from other issues. Thoughts, anybody?

Oh, and RB, maybe we could try to make a sacred chao out of this. One side could be Golden Apples, the other could be Iron pentagons. Just a thought.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Richter

If we're doing a non - issue, how about includign a non - interview?

This would entirely consist of a transcript of a few of sitting around, drinking beer, and riffing off ideas, insults, or BS. 

The Monastery and various weekend / weekday bracketing weekend dates are available for this. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on May 25, 2010, 07:00:07 PM
If we're doing a non - issue, how about includign a non - interview?

This would entirely consist of a transcript of a few of sitting around, drinking beer, and riffing off ideas, insults, or BS. 

The Monastery and various weekend / weekday bracketing weekend dates are available for this. 

Ooh, we could do this when the Dok comes to town.

Telarus

That is a very cool idea. Make sure you have your recording -> transcribing workflow in mind.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Richter

Yeah, we'll need a recorder going.
It borders on pineal, or "Lets drink and write about it.", which I'd like to avoid.  I'd rather just spin into BS, brags, weird discussions, etc.  Big hurdle I think will be the expectation of epic conversation, or the "OMG RECORDING!" factor.  Maybe giving it a loose idea like "Interview everyone while avoiding interview yourself" would help?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roaring Biscuit!

Dimocritus

Quote from: Richter on May 25, 2010, 09:27:44 PM
Yeah, we'll need a recorder going.
It borders on pineal, or "Lets drink and write about it.", which I'd like to avoid.  I'd rather just spin into BS, brags, weird discussions, etc.  Big hurdle I think will be the expectation of epic conversation, or the "OMG RECORDING!" factor.  Maybe giving it a loose idea like "Interview everyone while avoiding interview yourself" would help?

We can record a shitload of stuff, and just trim it down to the best bits, then portray it as if that's actually exactly how the convo went down.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

from juxtapositions

Quote from: Cramulus on April 17, 2010, 02:33:23 AM
When you throw a rock into the water, it will speed on the fastest course to the bottom of the water. Somewhere along the line I knew there'd be girls, visions, everything; somewhere along the line the pearl would be handed to me.

A true seeker cannot not accept any teachings, not if he sincerely wishes to find something. I hid in the grapevines, digging it all. I felt like a million dollars; I was adventuring in the crazy American night. The potential Buddha already exists in the sinner; his future is already there.

Words do not express thoughts very well. They always become a little different immediately after they are expressed, a little distorted, a little foolish. We fumed and screamed in our mountain nook, mad drunken Americans in the mighty land. We were on the roof of America and all we could do was yell, I guess — across the night, eastward over the Plains.

During deep meditation it is possible to dispel time, to see simultaneously all the past, present, and future, and then everything is good, everything is perfect, everything is Brahman. We turned at a dozen paces, for love is a duel, and looked at each other for the last time.

Here is a doctrine at which you will laugh. It seems to me that Love is the most important thing in the world. We were already almost out of America and yet definitely in it and in the middle of where it's maddest. I think it is only important to love the world, to explain and despise it. But we should regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect. Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk — real straight talk about souls, for life is holy and every moment is precious.

I had to strive for property and experience nausea and the depths of despair in order to learn not to resist them, in order to learn to love the world, and no longer compare it with some kind of desired imaginary world, some imaginary vision of perfection, but to leave it as it is, to love it and be glad to belong to it. Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?

words by Hesse & Kerouac
arranged by Cramulus

Placid Dingo

Non-issue article. I can clean this up a bit. I'm not honestly satisfied with it but working on RERO.

I've tried to do a bit of a non-article, avoiding some of the typical features of an article etc.

QuoteNoun1.non-issue - the state of something that has outlived its relevance.
FOR EXAMPLE I once had a conversation with a drunk man who babbled on about how he was really smart at maths but he didn't try very hard in school to upset his teachers. He seemed very smug. School is over dude. Way over. For example, towards the end of Bush's second term I see a protest singer, and she's singing songs about the Viet Nam war. For example, people with anti-Howard or Bush stickers on their car.
We live our lives by non issues, by redundant precedents. We approach a customer with anger because the one before them was a jackass. Then, when we realise how nice they were, we treat the NEXT customer like royalty. We make decisions on how we dress, act, respond based on versions of ourself that exist no more. We treat our friends like the people they used to be. We welcome in Governments because they were the good guys. Once.
For example, somebody once told me not to join a teachers union because they'd voted to prevent the release of supplies in World War One.
We 'like' food because it was nice once. We like films because we once had a certain emotional response. We like people for the same reason, and places and institutions. Question: At what point do we stop holding a company or institution responsible for actions in the past? Everybody hates North Korea for disturbing the peace. Some people hate the Americans for the Iraq war. Some for Viet Nam. Some people hate the Japanese for the rape of Nanjing. Does anyone hate France for Napoleon? Does anyone hate Rome for messing with Greece?
A discussion:
"Why did you choose Dragonfruit to drink?"
"Probably because it's consistent with my view of myself as superior to others who avoid foreign food on principle."
"That's a stupid reason."
"What's a better reason?"
"I dunno. That you like the taste?"
"That's not a better reason. That's a better rationalisation."
"And yours is the honest reason?"
"Mines a more honest attempt to find the reason. But you're an idiot if you think you understand your own stimulations. I might only have got it because it says Dragon. Or because of the colour."
For example, Intermittents follows magazine format, on the internet. For example, cars are made for road based on dimensions required for horse carts. For example you probably understood what I was talking about in the first few words but you kept reading.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Dimocritus

So, Brotep gave me an idea (can't find exactly where he posted it). I want to do a large section of fake adverts before the table of contents. Sort of a spoof of womens magazines. Anyone have/can make up some, that would be shweet.

Dimocritus

Oh, and with that being said, I'd like any submissions to have titles that are similar to the stupid Cosmo article titles. Like, "23 things that will drive him crazy" etc.

Also, if someone has/wants to make a quiz in the style of those womens magazine quiz's, that could also be cool.