News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Cooking fish

Started by Adios, May 25, 2010, 09:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

same premise as the dishwasher, you just wrap it tightly in foil with some seasonings and try to time your drive so it will be done when you get there. Works best with firmer-fleshed fish like salmon, halibut, or mahi mahi.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Would probably even be possible to do that with a complete one-person meal, I think?

("complete meal", in the Netherlands means a combo of potato + vegetables + meat)

If you do it long enough even potatoes will get done, right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Like a pot roast?  I don't see whay it WOULDN'T work...

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 27, 2010, 03:40:49 PM
Would probably even be possible to do that with a complete person, I think?

How I read that at first.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

You have to make sure that all ingredients will be cooked properly if subjected to the same heat source for the same amount of time.

Potatoes and fish?  Only if it's a really thick fish, and you slice the potatoes very thin.  Otherwise, you'll either get undercooked potatoes, or overcooked fish, or both.

Adios

This has me thinking about kabobs for a picnic.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on May 27, 2010, 03:59:47 PM
You have to make sure that all ingredients will be cooked properly if subjected to the same heat source for the same amount of time.

Potatoes and fish?  Only if it's a really thick fish, and you slice the potatoes very thin.  Otherwise, you'll either get undercooked potatoes, or overcooked fish, or both.

Yeah I was gonna go with that kind of meat that gets more tender as you cook it longer. And then on a 3 hour trip.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

the problem with that is that you usually braise those cuts of meat, and the car-engine method doesn't lend itself to that as well. Also, even if it did, you're going for a LONG drive to cook a pot roast at 250-ish degrees. But you could pretty easily throw some chopped or julienned veggies in with the fish for a more complete meal. I'd stay away from potatoes or any root vegetable as it won't cook quickly enough at that temperature.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

trippinprincezz13

We did that with some chicken and vegetables a little while ago. Came out awesome. The best part was as it started heating up/cooking we could smell the deliciousness coming through the vents when the car was stopped.

Can't say I've tried cooking in the dishwasher before though, heh
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

LMNO

ECH, what would be your opinion on a dry-rubbed rack of St Louis-style ribs?  No braise, plenty of connective tissue to render...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I should try a pot roast next time I go on one of my longer drives.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I've heard of people who mod their scooters so that the under-seat compartment near the engine heats a bucket to cook chili.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on May 27, 2010, 06:51:14 PM
ECH, what would be your opinion on a dry-rubbed rack of St Louis-style ribs?  No braise, plenty of connective tissue to render...

I WILL FAK YOU!!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 28, 2010, 04:34:38 AM
Quote from: LMNO on May 27, 2010, 06:51:14 PM

I WILL FAK YOU!!

:lulz:

I think it's a great idea as long as you're willing to drive to Madawaska to have dinner.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm not driving all the way to Madwaskawillillaladilla to ruin a perfectly good rack of ribs.

Suu

Hey Squidoo, next time I drive over from Clearwater to see you, my sister and I will smoke a pork shoulder on I-4.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."