News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

crop circle decoded

Started by Triple Zero, May 26, 2010, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The geekiness is what makes it AWESOME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

This sounds like a great date idea.

A board and a rope would be easy to find.
And i think my current love-interest would be interested in this.
Now if only i wasn't such a coward.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Elder Iptuous

it might be fun to do a pattern such that the farmer gets excited/upset about a crop circle in his crop, and then when he gets an overhead shot from a news chopper, or what not, it turns out that it is some stupid image like the dickbutt tattoo or something...

BadBeast

I live right in the middle of crop circle land, on the edge of the Pewsey vale, and we get probably 25 really good ones every year. There's a Pub nearby that doubles it's Summer trade every year, with "Investigation Teams" from all over the world coming to spend six weeks, trying to figure out how it gets done. The year before last, some people I knew laid one down right under their noses while they were watching from the high ground, and all they saw, was one lad, indicretely light a cigarette, in the field. They took a picture of the light from his lighter, and by midday the next day, had convinced themselves that this was a "power signature" from an invisible flying saucer! :lulz:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Kai

I bet the farmer didn't appreciate asshole aliens/timetravelers squashing their crops.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

BadBeast

Quote from: Kai on May 26, 2010, 10:54:29 PM
I bet the farmer didn't appreciate asshole aliens/timetravelers squashing their crops.

Whenever there is a good one, that particular Farmer stands by the gate of his field all day, charging herds of sightseers 3 quid each to go in and have a look.  He does quite nicely out of it. Makes at least 4 or 5 grand a year, just from that one field. And it's usually only bound for the grain mountain, or it'll have a "plough back in and claim a subsidy" crop in it. So he doesn't mind at all.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 26, 2010, 06:20:47 PM
What's a hoax? Are you saying that the crop circle doesn't exist, or that it's not really a binary code?

it means that SOME of the theories about its origin aren't TRUE (enough) !!!! :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 26, 2010, 07:34:55 PM
I know that this sort of thing is done by pranksters with boards to flatten the crops, but I've never seen it done with such...geekiness. 

and you know, EVEN if it's just that ... it's still pretty fucking awesome :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Regret on May 26, 2010, 10:25:53 PM
This sounds like a great date idea.

A board and a rope would be easy to find.
And i think my current love-interest would be interested in this.
Now if only i wasn't such a coward.

do it! it's fun, seriously.

your cowardice reminds me of the times I went wild-camping in Austria on the way to Sziget. Just putting up a tent in some random field owned by some random farmer. I was PSYCHED. Nervous, scared, PARANOID, etc. But it was soooooo worth it. (Setting up the tent at night in the lights of the car, waking up to a sun-lit valley stretching out from the front of your tent, yeah). Anyway, what is the WORST that could happen? Seriously. We live in NL. What are they gonna do. DO IT. Hell, if you don't mind me butting in on your romantic evening, give me a call or PM .. I bet I can find some crop fields in Drenthe :)

BadBeast

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 26, 2010, 11:40:44 PM
What's a hoax? Are you saying that the crop circle doesn't exist, or that it's not really a binary code?

it means that SOME of the theories about its origin aren't TRUE (enough) !!!! :)

Well people quite often ask whether I think they are fake, so I say, "Look, it's 300 yards across, how can it be fucking fake?"  there is no-one claiming any responsibility for them, or saying that there is a definitive "message" in any of them, or making any claims at all, they just appear in Wiltshire fields, ervery year, at the same time, regular as the seasons. That is undisputable. And as there are no claims to know anything coroberative about their origin, message, construction, etc, then there can be no valid cries of "fake". Any theories are just pure conjecture,
so to all intents and purposes, they might as well be made by Aliens. I can't even say for sure that some of them are not, and I've helped to make a couple myself. And I do know one strange story that there is no explaination for, which I will post in the next day or two.

Dysnomia

The fact that this thing may say "hi" in the middle of the equation makes me giggle.   :lol:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

BadBeast

Quote from: BLARFINGARF on May 27, 2010, 12:30:46 AM
The fact that this thing may say "hi" in the middle of the equation makes me giggle.   :lol:

And thus, (I strongly suspect)  has fulfilled it's primary objective.

Triple Zero

Quote from: BadBeast on May 27, 2010, 12:15:44 AM

Well people quite often ask whether I think they are fake, so I say, "Look, it's 300 yards across, how can it be fucking fake?"  there is no-one claiming any responsibility for them, or saying that there is a definitive "message" in any of them, or making any claims at all, they just appear in Wiltshire fields, ervery year, at the same time, regular as the seasons. That is undisputable. And as there are no claims to know anything coroberative about their origin, message, construction, etc, then there can be no valid cries of "fake". Any theories are just pure conjecture,
so to all intents and purposes, they might as well be made by Aliens. I can't even say for sure that some of them are not, and I've helped to make a couple myself. And I do know one strange story that there is no explaination for, which I will post in the next day or two.

I read Wikipedia on crop circles yesterday, and there are definitely instances of crop circles of which responsibility has been claimed.

When posting your strange story, please also specify whether this is first-hand, second-hand, third-hand etc knowledge.

Adios

That is the easy part. A stick and a string can keep you the correct distance, especially in a circle.

Kai

Quote from: Hawk on May 27, 2010, 04:42:21 PM

That is the easy part. A stick and a string can keep you the correct distance, especially in a circle.

And once you have the outer rim laid out, everything else is just a matter of simple ratios.

Stick and a string, a couple friends, some plywood boards. And some planning of the design before hand. Or not.

You know, this reminds me of land art (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_art). Maybe crop circles are a wonderful art form we should all be appreciating. There's certainly enough creativity and aesthetics in the design.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish