News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Day of Discord: Providence/Boston

Started by Suu, May 27, 2010, 02:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

And Twid! Too many people.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PopeTom on June 12, 2010, 08:36:21 AM
Quote from: Suu on June 12, 2010, 05:28:07 AM
Final count:

Suu
Richter
Leln
Roger
Dimo & GF
LMNO
Cramulus
Cainad
PopeTom
D-Cup
Eve
Herbert (by proxy of appearance at home)
General Stuart (by proxy by appearance after we returned from Boston)
Some random homeless guy that followed us after we gave him cigarettes.

The more I think about it the more I think I may have known that homeless guy like 10 years ago.

He did look really familiar. And I just can't put my finger on it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

THAT WAS A FUCKING BLAST!

seriously, after Cainad and I got back in the car, we commented on how we had been laughing nonstop for about 7 consecutive hours. And it kind of hurt!  :horrormirth:

It was SO AWESOME to meet everybody! Dimo & Nikki, Roger, LMNO, Pope Tom, Nephew Twiddleson, you guys were a blast!

I'm disappointed I didn't get to spend more time chilling with NT and Pope Tom. You guys were awesome, it's a shame we started hanging out so early it was almost over by the time you guys showed up.

I'm just sorry Cainad and I couldn't stick around longer!

Richter

We have sucessfully re-planed Dok. 

I'm still uploading pics, wrtiting out noteable events, and letting high points sloat to the top.  Dok was tolerant of our hospitality's lows and highs.  Shit, but it seemed liek one running commentary of weird from begining to end. 

Thanks to everyone who showed up, the rest of you show up next time!
(and yes, next time is already in the works)

(more as I filter / get out of training sessions at work)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cramulus on June 14, 2010, 04:49:25 PM

seriously, after Cainad and I got back in the car, we commented on how we had been laughing nonstop for about 7 consecutive hours. And it kind of hurt!  :horrormirth:

It was SO AWESOME to meet everybody! Dimo & Nikki, Roger, LMNO, Pope Tom, Nephew Twiddleson, you guys were a blast!

I'm disappointed I didn't get to spend more time chilling with NT and Pope Tom. You guys were awesome, it's a shame we started hanging out so early it was almost over by the time you guys showed up.

New York's not that far from here. Next time there's a meet up in the general area of New England/NY I'll be certain to get the time off of work and hang out for longer.

East Coast Hustle

Things like this are why I'm starting to hate my career.

Nice to see that you pantywaists are still afraid to ever come to Maine, even though I've promised that I'll keep the chupacabras at bay for a few hours.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

I got to hang out with Pope Tom for a bit, which was cool. Though if I have plans to be in NYC, Providence, or Maine, I'll post the info here. It's been awhile since I've been out of the Boston area, so I'm thinking of an excursion or two this summer/fall anyway.

Darth Cupcake

This needs to happen again. I didn't want to leave! :x
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

I didn't either... So much so that I think I took a three-hour lunchbreak or something like that.

Let's just say that after Bukowski's and TC's, the rest of my day was not very productive.

Nephew Twiddleton

It should have occurred to me that most of you would have to take the train back to Providence, and then check approximately when that would be. Live and learn. Definitely looking forward to meeting up with you all again.

PopeTom

As soon as things broke up NT and i headed to Central Sq. so I could get a leg up on the evenings drinking.  He's a cool fellow, and I'm not just saying that because he bought the first round.

Then D-Cup part II later on at Xmortis.

Next time I'll have to engage in the serious drinking with the rest of you.

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on June 14, 2010, 04:49:25 PM

Me too! I almost wish we'd taken Dok's advice and buggered off to Providence; maybe then I wouldn't have crashed my car the next day :horrormirth:

All in all, a glorious way to spend a Friday and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Richter

SRSLY.  In addition to the normal meetup fun, it was awesome to meet Dok in the flesh.  He didn't expect a nonstop manic spree of WEIRD, we dodn't expect it of him, but we fell into it now and again.  He's a gracious guest too and was fine with shooting the shit and gaming as much as the rolling around seeing sites, or the weird, when it happened.  (We watched a bar fade form yankee to America to Tucson voer the course of several hours.)

Boston was a 10 hour streak of lulz on my brain.  Goddamn.
I'm left with one hell of a reading list, a bunch of pictures to upload,  horrible SCIENCE to commit, and a bunch of crazy experiences for the trouble. 

Well worth it all.  Shit's going down again next year.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Would've loved to be there.  Boston isn't that far from here.  Alas, job and family make it challenging to stray too far from home these days. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Eve

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 14, 2010, 05:13:52 PM
Things like this are why I'm starting to hate my career.

Nice to see that you pantywaists are still afraid to ever come to Maine, even though I've promised that I'll keep the chupacabras at bay for a few hours.

I'll be in Maine for 4th of July weekend. :P

IT WAS FUN TO SEE/MEET ALL OF YOU even though I was barely there and the strange homeless man (who introduced himself to me as September) creeped the fuck out of me.  :sad:
Emotionally crippled narcissist.