News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Made up foods.

Started by Adios, May 29, 2010, 08:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Step 1) go to microwave, unplug it and place in outside trash recepticle for future use.

You will need a large skillet with a lid.
1 pound of good steak.
1 lime.
butter
14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
fajita seasoning
i box rice a roni spanish rice
sweet bell peppers
pepper jack cheese
sour cream

Double the amount of butter on the box and halve the water.

Cut steak into small thin squares. Chop peppers. Add Rice mix, meat and peppers to hot melted butter in skillet. Stirring ofter brown rice. Add undrained stewed tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer whole covered until water is gone.

Spoon on plate. Squeeze lime over the rice. Top with grated pepper jack cheese and sour cream.

Taste before putting any other sauce on as you may be very pleasantly surprised.

East Coast Hustle

I hate to burst your bubble, but there's actually a name for that. :lulz:

ECH,
fucking loves steak ranchero
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on May 31, 2010, 02:59:45 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but there's actually a name for that. :lulz:

ECH,
fucking loves steak ranchero

Damn. Oh well.  :lulz:

East Coast Hustle

well, to be fair Steak Ranchero is usually braised whole with the peppers and tomatoes and served sliced with the braising liquid/veggie mix served over the top as a sauce, rice on the side with jack cheese and sour cream on either or both. So yours is still an original presentation.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BADGE OF HONOR

....why would you do that to a good steak.   :x
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

East Coast Hustle

well, because it's delicious. And I wouldn't do it to a delmonico or a strip, but I'd sure as hell do it to a flatiron or a london broil.

BADGE OF HONOR

Okay, obviously he meant "decent" and not "good".
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Adios

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on June 01, 2010, 05:44:26 AM
....why would you do that to a good steak.   :x

Garbage in, garbage out. It is important to always use good ingredients.

LMNO

More appropriate would be "use a meat that stands up to low and slow"-- basically, something that has a lot of fatty and connective tissue, that will gently break down when braised.

Just because it's $20/lb doesn't mean it's always going to taste good.  Each cut of meat has a cooking techique that's best suited for its qualities.

Adios

Quote from: LMNO on June 01, 2010, 02:50:18 PM
More appropriate would be "use a meat that stands up to low and slow"-- basically, something that has a lot of fatty and connective tissue, that will gently break down when braised.

Just because it's $20/lb doesn't mean it's always going to taste good.  Each cut of meat has a cooking techique that's best suited for its qualities.

I used a left over T-bone. Since there were plenty of fluids it came out perfect.