News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

martini [attn LMNO]

Started by Triple Zero, May 25, 2010, 11:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 27, 2010, 06:11:00 PM
I love me a martini.  I haven't found a place that really puts care into it though.  And fuck vodka in a martini.

Also Beefeater or GTFO.  :lulz:

What the fuck?  The only time Beefeater has been good was when it was a 1985 post-hardcore band from DC.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO on May 27, 2010, 06:49:44 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 27, 2010, 06:11:00 PM
I love me a martini.  I haven't found a place that really puts care into it though.  And fuck vodka in a martini.

Also Beefeater or GTFO.  :lulz:

What the fuck?  The only time Beefeater has been good was when it was a 1985 post-hardcore band from DC.

Look, I've developed expensive taste for single malts and beer.  Allow me my cheap liquor!

When I replace the bottle I have it'll probably be something better.  I've had it for a year and I'm about 1/3 of the way through, I'll let you know what I choose in 2012. :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have never had a martini that I liked, ever. BUT, I have this sense that it's not because I think martinis are gross, but rather because I've never had a good martini, so I keep trying.

Also, MAN those things will fuck me up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

[PEDANTIC, ADMITTEDLY]

Is not martini, is Hearst.  Is cocktail.

sorry about that.

[/PEDANTIC, ADMITTEDLY]

Triple Zero

I'm trying one now with some bits of lemon rind, slightly bruised and rubbed around the glass, instead of an olive.

And DAMN.

I gotta say I greatly prefer this to the olive (which doesn't exactly add very much taste to the drink, but just sort of sits at the bottom soaking up booze?).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Yeah, I've always been more of a lemon twist fan.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO on May 26, 2010, 02:52:10 PM
Ah, the incredibly wet martini.  I've found that I really enjoy something my local bartender calls a "Hearst", due to a legend that it was what William Randolph Hearst used to drink.

It's equal amounts Gin and Sweet (Red) vermouth, with a dash of angostura bitters, and a dash of orange bitters. 

It's really quite good.  The bitters add a nice touch.

Drinking this right now, out of curiosity.  I was missing the orange bitters, but I still like it.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Oh fuck me has it really been four years since my last martini?

Wait, I'm 23.  That's not so bad, then. 

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 02, 2010, 04:47:34 AM
Quote from: LMNO on May 26, 2010, 02:52:10 PM
Ah, the incredibly wet martini.  I've found that I really enjoy something my local bartender calls a "Hearst", due to a legend that it was what William Randolph Hearst used to drink.

It's equal amounts Gin and Sweet (Red) vermouth, with a dash of angostura bitters, and a dash of orange bitters. 

It's really quite good.  The bitters add a nice touch.

Drinking this right now, out of curiosity.  I was missing the orange bitters, but I still like it.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Perhaps a twist of orange peel would work...

Triple Zero

For lack of a lemon, I used orange zest/twist for today's martini. Which makes it no longer a proper martini, I know.

But it tastes good. A bit reminiscent of Cointreau.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.