News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

So in order to stay in touch with friends from my former job I had to open a Facebook account.

WHY ARE THEY SENDING ME SILLY ASSED INVITATIONS TO SILLY ASSED GAMES ALL THE FUCKING TIME???????

ed/sp

Reeducation

They need friends to play with because they can't upgrade anything in those games without their friends being their "neighbours" and such. Just block everything.
I am very calm

Adios

hooplala

Quote from: Hawk on June 03, 2010, 11:46:05 AM
So in order to stay in touch with friends from my former job I had to open a Facebook account.

WHY ARE THEY SENDING ME SILLY ASSED INVITATIONS TO SILLY ASSED GAMES ALL THE FUCKING TIME???????

ed/sp

It's the modern form of Chinese water torture.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Adios

Quote from: Hoopla on June 03, 2010, 12:54:29 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 03, 2010, 11:46:05 AM

ed/sp

It's the modern form of Chinese water torture.

It's working.

LMNO

In your account settings, you can choose to block those things.

AFK

I know your pain man.  I "friended" a couple of old high school friends who seem to play Farmville and other games nonstop.  Luckily, my wife showed me how to ignore those posts without totally ignoring the person. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

I think I have them blocked now.  :argh!:

Suu

Yeah, just block all the apps. Also, check your privacy settings as well. Make SURE that only your friends are allowed to see things, and that autopersonalization thing is off.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Adios

AFK

sounds kinky.

LMNO should be able to explain it.  ;)
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Suu

Follow my instructions...

Go to Account

Go to Privacy Settings

Go to Applications, Games and Websites

See Info accessible through your friends? Uncheck EVERYTHING. Don't let anyone see anything on your profile BUT your friends.

See Instant personalization? UNCHECK THAT SHIT, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. This sends your info to 3rd parties for "advertising purposes".

See Public Search? UNCHECK! UNCHECK!

And while you're there, you can block all applications as well.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Quote from: Suu on June 03, 2010, 02:57:17 PM
Follow my instructions...

Go to Account

Go to Privacy Settings

Go to Applications, Games and Websites

See Info accessible through your friends? Uncheck EVERYTHING. Don't let anyone see anything on your profile BUT your friends.

See Instant personalization? UNCHECK THAT SHIT, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. This sends your info to 3rd parties for "advertising purposes".

See Public Search? UNCHECK! UNCHECK!

And while you're there, you can block all applications as well.

Thanks a lot.

confident bossy womenz turn me on