News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Heck, that was easy. :)

LMNO

Yeah, due to the latest fuckup, Facebook went from "click these 137 buttons to lock down your information" to "choose your level of security".

Also, don't post anything on there you wouldn't want your parole officer to see to send to everyone in the world.

Kind of like this place in the old days.

LMNO
-took him three years to reveal anything personal to you fuckers.

Suu

Facebook is always in trouble over privacy...then again, what do you expect from a website that was developed by former members of the CIA?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Three steps forward, two steps back... Do that enough times, and you're where you originally wanted to be.

AFK

I had to delete my RWHN Facebook profile awhile back because I was worried about the whole privacy thing.  I really didn't want my RWHN world getting linked to my IRL world.  Too many co-workers and employers inhabit Facebook and there are questions I really don't want to have to answer.  Nevermind the questions my Mom would have. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

I feel you there. I have all this original art hanging up in my cubicle. People keep asking me, "Hey, what's your flickr account?"

I am sorry, kemosabe. But I cannot let you see beyond the veil.

none of my coworkers are facebook friends except the ones I've already poked smot with

AFK

Are you poking smot right now?   :lulz:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

no, that comes after work!

BadBeast

According to the news today, George.W.Bush now has a facebook account. If I had one, I'd add him as a friend, just for the crack. But I don't. And I'm not opening one just to add him, because that would be really sad. 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on June 04, 2010, 01:01:12 AM
According to the news today, George.W.Bush now has a facebook account. If I had one, I'd add him as a friend, just for the crack. But I don't. And I'm not opening one just to add him, because that would be really sad. 

Though it might be kinda fun to spam him with farmville requests.

Twid, actually did that with a Dem running for state office (application was Knighthood, not Farmville. Fun to have a politician as a subject)
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

There's subjects, as in subject matter, and Subject, as in Subject him to a shitload of abuse! Make him earn his wages, doing menial stuff, like working as a greeter in Walmart.
A couple of weeks training and he might be quite good at it.

(But then again,. . . he's thick as two short planks)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on June 04, 2010, 07:21:40 AM
There's subjects, as in subject matter, and Subject, as in Subject him to a shitload of abuse! Make him earn his wages, doing menial stuff, like working as a greeter in Walmart.
A couple of weeks training and he might be quite good at it.

(But then again,. . . he's thick as two short planks)

He's the one who sent me the friend request. I approved for the spammage. lol. Should have looked at the part that said politics more closely and would have seen I was lefter than he.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

They'll do anything if you pretend you are going to vote for them, then do nothing when you do. So I never did. (Vote, that is)

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on June 03, 2010, 02:57:17 PM
Follow my instructions...

Go to Account

Go to Privacy Settings

Go to Applications, Games and Websites

See Info accessible through your friends? Uncheck EVERYTHING. Don't let anyone see anything on your profile BUT your friends.

See Instant personalization? UNCHECK THAT SHIT, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. This sends your info to 3rd parties for "advertising purposes".

See Public Search? UNCHECK! UNCHECK!

And while you're there, you can block all applications as well.

Gee, this facebook thingy sounds like FUN!

Should I get one?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yes you should.

Then you can read all about my bowel movements, daily.
It's "edge of your seat" interesting/captivating/enthralling/excite!