News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on June 06, 2010, 02:36:40 AM
My blood sugar dropped before I went shopping so I walked out of whole foods with:

turkey meatloaf
tiny container of curry chicken salad, potato salad
red pepper jelly
brie
4 yr gouda
a wad of parm-regg
some weird chev i can't pronunce
a soda
mixed olives from the bar

My husband asked if I was stoned.  :sad:
It really looked like I could have been from my selection.

cheese and olives were good though, specially with the jelly.
the other stuff sucked bad.

Hahaha! That sounds like me when I go to the store hungry.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 06, 2010, 12:24:27 AM
I didn't do the pot roast yesterday, so I'm doing it today.

Starting with about a 3-lb roast, I salted and peppered it, then dredged it in flour and browned both sides in a cast-iron skillet and plenty of oil. Chopped an onion and put it in the bottom of a small dutch oven, poured in some wine and a bit of broth, added sprigs of parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. (Yes, they really are perfect accompaniments for roast beef; there's a reason they're traditional!) stuck the roast in, covered it, and it's in the oven at 300 for three hours. Easiest recipe ever! Garlic mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli forthwith.

That sounds pretty fantastic.

I had a 5-course chef's menu, of which two and a half courses were good, and a $150 bottle of wine, which kind of freaked me out.

Luckily, daddy paid.

Adios

Due to the heat I will be preparing salads for dinner. Sliced grilled chicken and some nice cheese on top.

It's too damn hot to grill out or eat a heavy meal.

Juana

I dressed up all the boxed soup I had yesterday with garlic, chilli oil, and some herbs and I'm going to eat that! So red pepper soup and French bread] crackers for teh dinners.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Jasper

More pizza tonight.  Because, even though I spent hours making pizza after pizza last night, 18 in all, our fridge is still dominated with unused toppings.

Sigmatic,
on the bullet train to fat city.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I went to FBF's house and we made penne with garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, sausage, goat cheese, and spinach. I wanted to put in an avocado but they weren't ripe. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Note:  Pizza dough made with session lager is interestingly flaky crusted.

Rumckle

Just lager, or did you use a mix of lager and water?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jasper

Just lager.

And a heap of molasses.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Jasper

Some kind of mystery dish with fresh picked morel mushrooms in it.

I feel like an Iron Chef judge.

Adios

No food. Sex and sleep.   :D

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rumckle on June 05, 2010, 02:47:51 AM
Same, I think the only meat I've eaten in the past week is bacon.

fixed for brevity.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sigmatic on June 07, 2010, 12:16:31 PM
Note:  Pizza dough made with session lager is interestingly flaky crusted.

Session is possibly the only thing I miss about PDX. Well, Session and the food cart cluster on Hawthorne.

For lunch today, I'm having beer.

For dinner today, I will be having beer.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"