News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I want pizza. But I do have beer.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm doing steamers tonight.  Corn, potatoes, shrimp and fish in the basket steamed with white wine.  Micro salad on the side, I grew the greens and they are gorgeous.  Mustard, kale and pea shoots... mmmmm

OK I'm hungry now....

East Coast Hustle

you must mean something else than what "steamers" mean on the east coast, unless the mississippi river is suddenly populated with clams?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

bell peppers, zuccini, onion and garlic, stir-fried with some sour cream and "moroccan spices" my parents brought from their trip to morocco. served with rice cooked in kurkuma (yellow-root) and a "valess schnitzel" [valess is the best meat substitute I know, it actually manages to taste and feel like chicken].

i cut up everything, mixed the onion and garlic and chilli pepper with olive oil in the pan, covered it, and now waiting for my gf to come home.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 08, 2010, 05:18:45 PM
you must mean something else than what "steamers" mean on the east coast, unless the mississippi river is suddenly populated with clams?

I couldn't find any nice looking (or smelling) clams.  I am stopping on the way home to see if they got in any fresh ones or if the mussels came in.  So no, not a NE steamer, just my home kitchen version....

And just for the record, I wouldn't eat anything from the Mississippi River for love nor money...  The oily part of the gulf is cleaner than that river, it is gross and it stinks really really bad in the summer.   EWWWW.

Florida "Steamers" are corn, potatoes, stone crab claws, shrimp, either grouper or red fish, sometimes you'll see other shellfish, but usually no, and they will add something tropical, mango, pineapple, chilis etc....  Starfruit adds an odd flavor, I don't recommend it!  :lulz:

East Coast Hustle

ahh...so "steamer" is the name of the dish itself in this instance? It sounds delicious whatever you call it. In New England, "steamer" refers to a specific type of clam, or to the thing you leave in the sink in the upstairs bathroom during the party at some guy's house who you don't really like that much.

I don't really care much for steamers (the clam), so I think I'll adopt your version for the sake of confusing people.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

ZOMG Stonies.

I miss stonies. :(
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Quote from: Suu on June 08, 2010, 06:42:47 PM
ZOMG Stonies.

I miss stonies. :(

Guess I don't speak Maine.

East Coast Hustle

I think Suu, being from FLA, is probably referring to stone crab claws. Stone crab claws are delicious, but they harvest them by ripping the claw off of the crab and throwing the crab back, since it will grow a new claw.

Fuck sustainability, I want to know that the animal I'm consuming a piece of is totally DEAD and will not someday be mutated by gamma rays and come looking for revenge.

Jasper

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 08, 2010, 09:36:24 PM
I think Suu, being from FLA, is probably referring to stone crab claws. Stone crab claws are delicious, but they harvest them by ripping the claw off of the crab and throwing the crab back, since it will grow a new claw.

Fuck sustainability, I want to know that the animal I'm consuming a piece of is totally DEAD and will not someday be mutated by gamma rays and come looking for revenge.

I just wish we could do that with cows.

Triple Zero

Don't worry. Some day, our cows too, will be mutated by gamma rays and come looking for revenge.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 08, 2010, 09:36:24 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on June 05, 2010, 04:38:54 AM
Tonight's meal provided by Panda Express, since the kitchen is still closed.  It was bland.   :|

Finally remembered I had leftovers of that.  Should I be worried that I kept thinking it was pork, even though it's chicken?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Adios

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on June 08, 2010, 10:05:28 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on June 05, 2010, 04:38:54 AM
Tonight's meal provided by Panda Express, since the kitchen is still closed.  It was bland.   :|

Finally remembered I had leftovers of that.  Should I be worried that I kept thinking it was pork, even though it's chicken?

NO, AND IGNORE THE EXPIRATION DATE.