News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

YAY! We're all Soverign States!

Started by Telarus, June 02, 2010, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 03, 2010, 06:00:46 PM
1) The swiss have the highest rate of private gun ownership of any nation on earth. When it comes right down to it, their military is everyone.

2) If you allow for the inclusion of "soft power" under the military power umbrella, it's hard to argue against the military power of the country that's keeping all of your bank deposits safe.

I work with a company based partly in Siwtzerland for some of our data encryption products. One of their engineers spent a week here... nice, normal computer geek... except due to the "Everyone is in the millitary" view... he also is an accomplished sniper. In his words "Who invades a country where everyone is trained military? You guys wouldn't have nearly as many problems as you do if you were all well trained!" (except in a swiss accent).

Personally, I just think he doesn't understand Americans... we would have "many problems" no matter what.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson