News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Elvis Seance: Kerry Thornley’s Erisian Mysteries

Started by Cramulus, June 07, 2010, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

found at http://www.cosmicnewsnetwork.com/wordpress/?p=16253

This is one of the Erisian Mysteries revealed to Sondra London by Kerry Thornley in 1997. It will summon the spirit of Elvis, but he may be too fucked up to actually answer any of your questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4645VKgXZwc&feature=player_embedded

The text is: Performance of the Elvis Seance requires one Elvis Presley impersonator and five gullible Discordians. Since he or she doesn't have to even be a GOOD impersonator, the real problem will be finding the gullible Discordians. We Discordians are not known for our gullibility. For example, we don't believe Elvis is still alive, as do many infidels. "Dead and rotten but not forgotten," is not only our slogan on the Elvis question, it is the mantra for the Elvis Seance, which will be revealed in the ripening of time [three paragraphs below]. We, however, believe Elvis will rise from the dead and help Bob "JR" Dobbs and The Fightin' Jesus destroy the Trilateral Commission on Judgment Day. Moreover, every Discordian, without exception, must have a photograph of Elvis in Army uniform, as a reminder that no man is above the law; and for that reason, if no other, the law should be abolished.

Now for the seance:

1. All Discordians present lay hands on the head of the Elvis impersonator.

2. Begin chanting "Dead and rotten but not forgotten," over & over until it gets boring.

3. Keep chanting "Dead and rotten but not forgotten," after it gets boring.

At some point the Elvis impersonator will fall on the floor and start jerking, twitching, convulsing. When the impersonator begins singing, "All Shook Up," know that the departed spirit of Elvis is among you.

If you went to all this trouble without preparing a list of questions, and you have Elvis rolling at your feet, and you cannot think of anything to say, don't ask for his autograph either, because he will be in no condition to sign anything.

some other good kerry thornley videos in the related links of the youtube video, above

Doktor Howl

Bob "JR" Dobbs? 

That's not the real "Bob", that's "Obo" in disquise.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

for posterity -- while digging around in the webmuck surrounding this article, I stumbled upon http://www.poee.org/ --- which contains a WEALTH of vintage discordian writings and images from, I would guess, the 90s?

for example;

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

hooplala

So doing this... I know a priest of the church of Elvis...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

I'm thinking of getting Richter drunk and slapping a pompador wig on his head.  He's one for posessed prophecy, if anyone is.