News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Difficult Decision

Started by AFK, June 08, 2010, 01:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on June 08, 2010, 02:22:41 PM
by the way, I hate to break the bad news to you, but Les Otten is probably going to have a chance to screw up the whole state the way he screwed up American Ski.

Yes, I think he would be very, very bad for the State.  Worse than Baldacci, and THAT is an incredible feat.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I have to check when our primary is, but I don't think there's a lot of gubernatorial candidates because no one in RI wants the fucking job.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: 6 Feet of Sole on June 08, 2010, 02:24:54 PM
Les Otten and Peter Mills are probably in the best positions to beat a DEM nominee.  Just because they'll have better name recognition.  I'm supporting Rowe.  He's a great guy.  I've had the pleasure to meet him and chat with him on a few occassions.  I've been a little disappointed with his campaign though.  His signs have just gone up in the past few days and I haven't seen any TV ads yet.  He seems to be running on the strength of his stint as Attorney General and all of the events he's been attending. 

yeah, I'm voting for Peter Mills because I figure he's got the best chance of beating Otten in the primary, although I kind of want to vote for LePage just because I fucking love Mardens so much. As far as the general election, well, I probably won't be here by then and I'm probably going to register in Oregon when I get back there so I can vote against legalizing marijuana and selling it in state-run stores. I mean, I like the pot and all, but I don't want the state to be in control of the price structure.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

that said, if I were here I'd probably vote for Mitchell. I like Beardsley too, and he has business relationships that could benefit me personally if he were elected, but his chances of making it out of the primary seem pretty slim.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Bleh, my guy lost.  Looks like it will be Mitchell vs. LePage vs. some other 3rd party spags.

I think this pairing gives a 3rd party candidate, like Eliot Cutler, a very good shot at winning.  We might be having another Independent Governor next year. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.