News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Tazing Granny

Started by Iason Ouabache, June 28, 2010, 07:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

"... AND THAT'S WHEN I TOOK OUT MY MACHETE AND VALIANTLY CUT OPEN THE MONSTER IN A SPLATTERING OF BLOOD AND GORE, AS I RESCUED THE OLD LADY FROM ITS BELLY, BEHOLD!!"

".. um sir, that's a spleen."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on June 28, 2010, 09:06:48 PM
If there's anything I've learned from having my best buddy become a cop, it's that the cops are salivating for the moment you give them the excuse to use maximum force. It don't matter if you're 8, 18, or 80, blind, crippled, or crazy. You don't even have to be breathing!

I hate to be pedantic but I would have to put the word some in there.  There recently was an incident here at the local university where there were 200 or so drunk college students outside drinking and partying.  (including minors).  An ambulance had been called to transport someone in one of the dorms to the hospital.  When the ambulance arrived, the students surrounded the ambulance and didn't allow it to leave.  The police arrived and things went nuts.  The students wouldn't disperse and so the police did use pepper spray to get them to move but that was it.  In fact, the seargent, who I know very well, went out of his way to not use force such as his nightstick and tazer.  And in the process of trying to cuff an uncooperative college student, his leg got twisted and broken in two places.  The guy is out for 6 months to rehab and he has two little kids at home.  He could've tased the guy and had him down quick, and would've been justified given he had drunk college students all over the place. 

So I think some police officers may welcome the chance to use maximum force, but there are police officers who seriously do use it as a very last resort, even if it is non-lethal force and even to great risk to themselves. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

good clarification, I agree.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Jenne on June 29, 2010, 02:05:52 AM
Vene, sorry, but I call bullshit.  She's on oxygen.  She's obviously mentally and physically ill.  Speaking as a granddaughter to a recently-deceased mentally and physically ill 82 year old, I have to say that any cop who'd TASE that lady rather than "take her down" another way is a fucking pussy.

Yeah, I said it.

And if that shit happened in front of me or mine, MY blood'd be spilled and probably someone else's (like one of the jackoffs in the blue suits threatening a sick old woman), and I'd be in jail for it.  That shit should not fly.  EVER.

I don't care if she had a fucking granade.

:mittens: 

THIS

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS