News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Just Hate Dealing With People Who Dont Get It

Started by KittehAmazing, June 16, 2010, 10:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on June 17, 2010, 03:51:03 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2010, 03:43:49 AM
Quote from: ProdigyZombie on June 17, 2010, 03:10:54 AM
Don't worry TGG if i die, i would like to have an ah-mazing rave party around my open coffin. The music shall be played by Techno Aereo, Cosmic Gate, and Darude. A bit of Blood On the Dance Floor too.  :kingmeh:

You mean actual blood, or is that one of these "rock and roll" bands you young punks listen to nowadays?  Why, in MY day, we had LAWRENCE WELK1, and we LIKED HIM.  Yes, those were the good old days, when children and dogs made horrible noises when you kicked them, and no noises at any other time.  Makes me all nostalgic.

1  Check him out on youtube.  No, for real.  I was forced to watch that schlockmeister when I was a kid, and I've been scarred ever since.

I'll probably end up putting actual (goat's... maybe...)blood on the dance floor just because. And yes Dok, I have SEEN the horrors that is Lawrence Welk when we went to Canada.

VUNDAFUL, VUNDAFUL!
\
Molon Lube

ThatGreenGentleman

DEAR GOD!!! MY EYES, MY NOW HORRIBLY BLOODY EYES!!!!!  :x :x :x
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

KittehAmazing

I am now in the hospital because of you Dok.  :x
"So Dok, what's the problem with this guy?"
"I don't know, but I have an idea it's a baterial infection."
"But Dok isn't he dying from the knife in his chest?"
"Shut up Mary! Who asked you?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 16, 2010, 11:45:37 PM
Quote from: nerinamakani on June 16, 2010, 11:43:11 PM
with consent you psychotic bastards!

Anyone who would consent to being killed would not have the right mental stability to give consent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

What about euthanasia?

I'm all for euthanasia, as long as handled by a medical professional and un-endurable enduring suffering* has been established.

* my translation gland is stuck, but those are the two medical criteria doctors in the Netherlands must adhere to before they can do euthanasia. it must be insufferable pain and without reasonable hope of recovery. it's kind of hard to determine suffering of pain in a coma patient, but today I read in the newspaper they have finally devised a kind of 10-point scale which the doctor can use to determine the amount of suffering. if they have less than seven points, the patient is not considered suffering pain but merely comatose and no euthanasia will happen. of course the patient self must have made an agreement for euthanasia with the doctor before loss of consciousness. however, the family does not get to have a say in this.

Quote from: nerinamakani on June 17, 2010, 12:19:22 AMI'd call it getting a little help.

And some companionship at your last.

What could be more comforting than a pair of warm hands around your throat..?

Think about it ;)

You, shut up. This is not a frivolous subject.

You can't expect a medical professional to do such a thing.

And for OBVIOUS reasons, you can't have a non medical professional perform euthanasia.

Well, in practice you can, but not without expecting them to be tried for murder, of course. Which makes it an incredibly egoistic thing to ask, if say, you insist on being euthanized by having your best friend strangle you. Because you will be dead [if you're lucky and the friend doesn't chicken out at the last point and leaves you with a broken neck, brain damage drooling in a wheelchair for the rest of your life] and autopsy will indicate murder and then there's a good chance your best friend will be jailed. In fact, any best friend agreeing to such a thing without realizing these consequences is probably not mentally stable enough to perform the task anyway.

So instead you have a doctor do it clean and sure.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2010, 03:54:45 AM
Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on June 17, 2010, 03:51:03 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2010, 03:43:49 AM
Quote from: ProdigyZombie on June 17, 2010, 03:10:54 AM
Don't worry TGG if i die, i would like to have an ah-mazing rave party around my open coffin. The music shall be played by Techno Aereo, Cosmic Gate, and Darude. A bit of Blood On the Dance Floor too.  :kingmeh:

You mean actual blood, or is that one of these "rock and roll" bands you young punks listen to nowadays?  Why, in MY day, we had LAWRENCE WELK1, and we LIKED HIM.  Yes, those were the good old days, when children and dogs made horrible noises when you kicked them, and no noises at any other time.  Makes me all nostalgic.

1  Check him out on youtube.  No, for real.  I was forced to watch that schlockmeister when I was a kid, and I've been scarred ever since.

I'll probably end up putting actual (goat's... maybe...)blood on the dance floor just because. And yes Dok, I have SEEN the horrors that is Lawrence Welk when we went to Canada.

VUNDAFUL, VUNDAFUL!
\

Oh dear god.  EVERY FUCKING SATURDAY NIGHT BEFORE HEEHAW!!!   :x  AND that was before cable when you only had one fucking tv in the house and 3 fucking stations and I'm pretty sure all three played the same damned thing but I wouldn't know since I wasn't allowed to even touch the fucking TV.

It's why we are the way we are Dok.  I've never gotten the balls to watch a show in slomo to see if there really were subliminal messages flashing between dance numbers.  I don't know that I truly want to know or maybe I know I couldn't handle it if I found out?  Hmmmm... 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Khara on June 17, 2010, 02:28:43 PM

Oh dear god.  EVERY FUCKING SATURDAY NIGHT BEFORE HEEHAW!!! 

Hee Haw was worse than Lawrence Welk by an order of magnitude.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ProdigyZombie on June 17, 2010, 05:03:47 AM

Arguably, I had no choice.  It was for SCIENCE.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 17, 2010, 12:57:02 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 16, 2010, 11:45:37 PM
Quote from: nerinamakani on June 16, 2010, 11:43:11 PM
with consent you psychotic bastards!

Anyone who would consent to being killed would not have the right mental stability to give consent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

What about euthanasia?

I'm all for euthanasia, as long as handled by a medical professional and un-endurable enduring suffering* has been established.

* my translation gland is stuck, but those are the two medical criteria doctors in the Netherlands must adhere to before they can do euthanasia. it must be insufferable pain and without reasonable hope of recovery. it's kind of hard to determine suffering of pain in a coma patient, but today I read in the newspaper they have finally devised a kind of 10-point scale which the doctor can use to determine the amount of suffering. if they have less than seven points, the patient is not considered suffering pain but merely comatose and no euthanasia will happen. of course the patient self must have made an agreement for euthanasia with the doctor before loss of consciousness. however, the family does not get to have a say in this.

Quote from: nerinamakani on June 17, 2010, 12:19:22 AMI'd call it getting a little help.

And some companionship at your last.

What could be more comforting than a pair of warm hands around your throat..?

Think about it ;)

You, shut up. This is not a frivolous subject.

You can't expect a medical professional to do such a thing.

And for OBVIOUS reasons, you can't have a non medical professional perform euthanasia.

Well, in practice you can, but not without expecting them to be tried for murder, of course. Which makes it an incredibly egoistic thing to ask, if say, you insist on being euthanized by having your best friend strangle you. Because you will be dead [if you're lucky and the friend doesn't chicken out at the last point and leaves you with a broken neck, brain damage drooling in a wheelchair for the rest of your life] and autopsy will indicate murder and then there's a good chance your best friend will be jailed. In fact, any best friend agreeing to such a thing without realizing these consequences is probably not mentally stable enough to perform the task anyway.

So instead you have a doctor do it clean and sure.

Euthanasia is ok in my book. I was responding to her obvious blanket statement that it's ok to opt to be a murder victim, which is why I popped the Armin Miewes link in there.  She was advocating for as much in another thread.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

ThatGreenGentleman

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2010, 04:53:29 PM

Damn you and your SCIENCE!!!  :argh!:
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on June 17, 2010, 10:48:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2010, 04:53:29 PM

Damn you and your SCIENCE!!!  :argh!:

Hee hee!  See that smoking ruin of a planet you have to live on?

Hee hee!  Sorry about that.
Molon Lube

nerinamakani

""You, shut up. This is not a frivolous subject."""
Aaaactually it is/is not a frivolous subject!

I can crylaugh about anything I want.

Seriously.
Warning: Definitions may become blurry as you enter the white light of mysticism.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

nerinamakani

Warning: Definitions may become blurry as you enter the white light of mysticism.

nerinamakani

..oh

..well, blessed are the downtrodden..etc