News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Not Under My Roof! (A print & play game)

Started by Cramulus, June 17, 2010, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Hi guys! I've been working on a small game project called NOT UNDER MY ROOF!

I have the first draft done. If you're interested, you are invited to help playtest. Eventually, I will be turning this into a for-sale product, so all of this remains (c)2010 Cramulus Industries. I am making this (relatively) public in good faith because I love you guys and I trust that nobody's going to run away with my idea.

Here's the pitch for the game----

Not Under My Roof is a fast-paced fighting game in which two opponents battle their way through a residential living space. This game may be the best way to settle domestic disputes. Opponents attack and defend by playing cards, some of which must utilize local features such as televisions, cabinets, stair cases, and refrigerators.

The rules can be found here: http://principiadiscordia.com/cramulus/index.php?title=Not_Under_My_Roof
the printable cards can be found here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/33191153/Not-Under-My-Roof?secret_password=25y5zwkjbzskzhmk78cz

I've only done a little bit of playtesting so far, so expect the game to change a whole lot as I test further and gather feedback. And the final version of the cards will have art and fun stuff like that, so you're really not looking at a final product. And that's where you come in - what would make this a fun, professional quality game that would be worth paying five or ten bucks for?

Chairman Risus

Cramulus

So I played a round of this on Friday and it was VERY fun! My roommate and I were screaming at each other and running around the house. The game is a lot better if you pick a domesic topic to dispute about. In this case, it was the amount of time he spends in the bathroom and the deadly vapors he releases into the atmosphere afterwards.

A few tweaks will have to be made... there need to be more movement cards, and some of the power attacks need to be easier to achieve. For example, the Fridge attack (possibly the best card in the game) should be usable if the opponent is in the same room as you. And I need to clarify - if you use a power attack to throw somebody into a table, and they block the attack, the table is not destroyed.

I also think I might rename all the cards to be like 1960s Batman style sound effects. POW! ZAP! BIFF!

Dimocritus

Neat! Imma give this a shot sometime this week!
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Wizard

Me and my brother could use this. Hmm...
Insanity we trust.

Cramulus

cards updated:

-lots of revisions based on playtesting and feedback.
-the set is a bit more visually attactive
-the game rules are now on their own card

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33191153/Not-Under-My-Roof?secret_password=25y5zwkjbzskzhmk78cz

doing more testing this weekend, feel free to shoot me some feedback!

after this seems fun, the next thing I'm considering is how to involve more strategic/tactical elements. Optimally, it should take a while to master the game. More thoughts on this later.

Cramulus

Which of these fonts do you prefer for the game logo?

from top to bottom:

Bedbug
Zero & Zero Is, Quick End
Johnny Homocide, Popcorn NOT Included
Blue Highway Linocut, Fly Legs

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cramulus on July 04, 2010, 12:37:42 AM
Zero & Zero Is

The "stamp" effect reflects the predictable/bureaucratic/rote nature of the parental figure I imagine uttering the phrase.

Cramulus

Triple Zero

my initial preference was Bedbug, cause it seemed most apt for a CCG.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cramulus on July 04, 2010, 01:35:36 AM
prototype card back:

comments?

It's definitely eye-catching. I like the red badge.  The yellow weave background makes me feel a bit nauseous though.  What about a cheesy broken brick wall/plaster effect?

Cramulus

kinda like this?

Freeky

Captain Utopia