News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Not Under My Roof! (A print & play game)

Started by Cramulus, June 17, 2010, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I think the red blob with the brick background could be a winner too.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cramulus

prototype card layout

there'll be a photograph in that big blank spot

Cramulus

third draft is ready

post ITT if you're interested in playtesting - I'll send you a PDF

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

hit me up with your e-mail addresses. I'm just going to forward PDFs rather than going through the scribd - which seems to lose my fonts.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Fractalbeard

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Cramulus

Of all the people who asked to playtest -- did any of you actually playtest?

So far I'm batting about 0 for 15. Tons of people expressed interest, but nobody playtested.  :lulz:

PaddleFoot

hit me up i love play testing things and this sounds awesome
I love stupid people, they're the reason I can get a Job.

Fractalbeard

Actually, I did, and I must say it rocked! We played at a college, so we had to be a little on the conservative side with the acting, but it was still a ton of fun. I need to play it a bit more to be able to comment on card balance/distribution.

Also, have you thought about expansions of some sort? Something like NUMR: Cube Warfare (tailored to offices) or NUMR: ... well, can't name this one right now, but tailored to colleges?
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Monkey on August 31, 2010, 02:58:34 AM
Actually, I did, and I must say it rocked! We played at a college, so we had to be a little on the conservative side with the acting, but it was still a ton of fun. I need to play it a bit more to be able to comment on card balance/distribution.

Also, have you thought about expansions of some sort? Something like NUMR: Cube Warfare (tailored to offices) or NUMR: ... well, can't name this one right now, but tailored to colleges?
Dorm Warfare
Battle of the Frat Houses

Cramulus

x-post:

Artist Wanted to create graphics for Not Under My Roof! playing cards.

What I need: about 18 illustrations, one for each of these cards. Each one is about 2x2 inches. These are simple things, like a guy being hit with a chair. could consist of stick figures.

What You Get: A free copy of the finished game

If you're interested in helping, I'd love to see some sample work. But don't create all 22 yet, we should talk a bit before you start drawing.  :D

Cramulus

idea:

Here's a playtest idea which makes it possible for more than 2 players to play. It also allows you to move anywhere - you don't have to think of the level as a straight line.

Freerunning Smash and Dash Playtest
-Remove text about conceptualizing level as a line. Instead: designate 1-3 exits within the play zone.
-All move cards, remove the line "you cannot pass your opponent"
-Change attack text... See here:

Play this card when you are in the same room as your opponent. You have two options:
-Your opponent is forced to move into an adjacent room of your choice
-Your opponent is considered stunned until the end of this turn. (Someone who is stunned can be forced to move through an Exit.)

If there is a set of shelves in the room with you, you may destroy it to perform a power attack instead.

Power Attack: You push your opponent into the shelves. You have two options:
-You may force him to move up to two rooms.
-Your opponent is considered stunned until the end of his next turn. (Someone who is stunned can be forced to move through an Exit.)

Note: Throw attacks cannot move somebody through an exit.

new card text here: http://principiadiscordia.com/cramulus/index.php?title=Smash_and_Dash_Playtest

What do you think?

Cramulus

some trivia I'm recording for posterity - this was the original seed idea for this game:

It's like Magic: The Gathering. Except that you play in real time instead of taking turns. And instead of playing land cards, each room in your house is like land, you can physically go there to collect a resource which is consumed to use abilities and cast spells. Stuffed animals and the like are used as creatures which can block you from certain rooms unless you can use resources to pass them.