News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

t: are you infinite?

Started by Horab Fibslager, July 30, 2004, 01:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

f you can just get your mind together
Uh-then come on across to me
We,Äôll hold hands and then we,Äôll watch the sunrise
From the bottom of the sea
But first, are you experienced?
Uh-have you ever been experienced-uh?
Well, I have
(well) I know, I know, you,Äôll probably scream and cry
That your little world won,Äôt let you go
But who in your measly little world, (-uh)
Are you tryin,Äô to prove to that you,Äôre
Made out of gold and-uh, can,Äôt be sold
So-uh, are you experienced?
Have you ever been experienced? (-uh)
Well, I have
Uh, let me prove it to you, yeah
Trumpets and violins I can-uh, hear in the distance
I think they,Äôre callin,Äô our name
Maybe now you can,Äôt hear them,
But you will, ha-ha, if you just
Take hold of my hand
Ohhh, but are you experienced?
Have you ever been experienced?
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

-are you experienced? jimi hendrix

are those people?
-logan runjack, a midsummer night, 1999

it's been five odd years or so ago, since hte great mindfuck of 1999. 5 years ago since i set otu with freinds on a joruney of the psychadelic, the strange, the abbherent, the fanciful and among other thigns, of the soul.
our sacrement was lsd, our god the moon. we went forth bearing gifts fucking midns and disturbign an awful lot of shit. our trips meandered and our circles tangled.it was inevitable, that we woudl spin out of anything called sanity. indeed it seemed as every step coudl spell utter doomination. all in all we did blow our minds - seven thosuand ways to a sunday as it were. we glimpsed the truth of the prettiest one, bare and unforgiving, stared straight into the madnesss and.. and... well we sobered up, soem of us didn't amke it out, tho alive, but of coruse we had been warned there were worse thigns than death, adn the piper who pays the price alughign may be mad, btu still has a better credit rating.
it all makes me wonder tho, what the heck has happeened since then? i eman things have happened, a great many thignsa happen ever moment, tho i think after a few moments of perhaps only self concieved greatness resultign in total ifininiteness it's msotly been to oen degree or another a particularly sublime mediocrity. as if ntohing will ever ahppen, and yet the whole fabric of reality may decide to tear itself up and transform itself into a million nazi ninjas sworn to destroy the world and the woman i love, leaving only one man to stop them, me. as forthe other four of the five unkown men, i have lsot track fo most of them, scattered across the ends of the earth as if shaken in a dicing cup adn tumbled across the playing board of the world of men. the reverberatiosn of that year can still eb felt, thosuands of miles from twhere they may hav ebgan, or as it were continued, a small by synergetically dynamic harmony in the song of ten tohusand monkeys singing karaoke, a song lost in teh din of 87 trillion carbon units screaming blood and ashes. blood and bloody ashes indeed.
Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

Please do not bring up the infinite.

Infinity, and dabbling with it, is one of the reasons I was once put in a mental hospital.

Delusion

Quote from: Compositus ConfusioPlease do not bring up the infinite.

Infinity, and dabbling with it, is one of the reasons I was once put in a mental hospital.

Is it OK to discuss the transfinite?
It's just not complete without tentacles.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Deekoo L.

*Giggles madly*

Delusion

Quote from: Compositus Confusio

*Giggles madly*

I'll take that as a definite maybe, with an infinite number of discrete gradations of probability between 0.3 and .087323189822487...

Rupert Giles

*Giggles madly*

I'll take that as a definite maybe, with an infinite number of discrete gradations of probability between 0.3 and .087323189822487...

*More insane giggling*

Delusion

*Giggles madly*

*More insane giggling*

How do I write the notation for
the set of all sets that contain
one or more members of the maybe
in HTML?...

*cackles*

Rupert Giles

*Giggles madly*

*More insane giggling*

in HTML?...

*cackles*

*Snuffs it*

Delusion

*Giggles madly*

*More insane giggling*

in HTML?...

*cackles*

*Snuffs it*

HEY!  Don't go dying on me now;
I haven't even gotten around to
fabricating the evidence to leave
next to your corpse.

Rupert Giles

*Giggles madly*

*More insane giggling*

in HTML?...

*cackles*

*Snuffs it*

HEY!  Don't go dying on me now;
I haven't even gotten around to
fabricating the evidence to leave
next to your corpse.

Compositus' body would simply fade away, and then a brilliant light would daze those looking on.  When the light receded moments later anouther Compositus would be standing there, but somewhat different.  A new aspect of Destruction.

Wishfarple

Is this one mint-flavored?  I really like mint.  Even just mint-scented would be nice.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

DJRubberducky

I'm reminded of someone's essay in a book on psychism and how to develop it, where they said that taking LSD was the equivalent of standing on top of a mountain that would let you see all the great stuff your brain was capable of doing.  The trouble was that some people decided to just stay on the mountain by eating more LSD, instead of coming down off the mountain and actually making the long slow walk to the ocean on the horizon.

I think Ursula LeGuin said something similar in The Farthest Shore, but I'd want to actually find my book and get the cite, 'cause it's an awesome story and I'd hate to fuck it up.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferisNothing is infinite.

that's rathjer self evident i'd reckon. the matter at hand is what is, not what is not.

hey mr confusio, if you can't handle being infinite, then i feel bad for ya son. got 99 problems but a mind aint one.
Hell is other people.