News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Feeling Submissive?

Started by Dimocritus, June 23, 2010, 03:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Then SUBMIT...

...Material for the next issue of Intermittens!

Yeah, I suppose this should be in TFY,S but AT just gets all the traffic.

Theme: A "non-issue." What does that mean? Heck, I'm not entirely sure. So, I what I've decided on is a womens magazine parody. Pages and pages of "Ads," followed by the table of contents, followed by more "ads," peppered with a couple articles (and a few "ads" disguised as articles).

Things I am looking for: 1) Fake adverts. And LOTS of them. 2) Articles that can be assigned titles that sound like they should be on the cover of a womans magazine. (Ex. "How Good is Your Gasm?" "23 ways to drive them wild!" etc.). 3) Quick ten question quizzes (again, in the style of a womans magazine). And 4) this is the tricky one. Articles that are really fake ads posing as articles.

Submissions can be posted in here or you can PM them to me. Any submissions that make the cut will be attributed to you how you choose.
Questions, discussion and brainstorming can be done here, if you'd like.

Now, get out there and DO YOUR WORST!
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dimocritus

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 23, 2010, 03:53:14 PM
When's the due date?

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Har har har!! You're noobish humor amuses dimo! Mwa ha ha ha!

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Johnny

id like to contribute with "2)" or "4)"... but, could you give a more detailed description of what is it that you'd like?   :thumb:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Freeky

Oh, oh! I can do fake ads! Just you wait. They'll be ORSOME

Dysnomia

THIS THREAD TITLE IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

:argh!:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Sir Squid Diddimus

I get it. You want a "vogue", "glamor", or "cosmo" style magazine content bit of stuff written up funny like.

Ads like "this douche will fucking anything" and articles like "23 ways to get him to say WTF are you CRAZY" type of whatever or something.

Sounds good. At the moment I got nothing on account of my soul being in my desk drawer at work. But if I happen to upon anything in the meantime I'll be sure to forget to write it down and then promptly forget about it please kill me kill me please i beg you.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on June 24, 2010, 02:26:29 AM

id like to contribute with "2)" or "4)"... but, could you give a more detailed description of what is it that you'd like?   :thumb:

The articles can really be about anything. It's just the title that needs to look in place on the cover of "cosmo" or something. As far as #4 goes,I think that'll be the toughest thing to do, write an article posing as a fake ad, so If you think you're up to it...

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on June 24, 2010, 06:57:24 AM
I get it. You want a "vogue", "glamor", or "cosmo" style magazine content bit of stuff written up funny like.

Ads like "this douche will fucking anything" and articles like "23 ways to get him to say WTF are you CRAZY" type of whatever or something.

Sounds good. At the moment I got nothing on account of my soul being in my desk drawer at work. But if I happen to upon anything in the meantime I'll be sure to forget to write it down and then promptly forget about it please kill me kill me please i beg you.

You could always tie a string around your finger, or carve it into your forehead with a hatchet.

PopeTom

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Dimocritus

Quote from: PopeTom on June 24, 2010, 10:53:05 AM
NSFW

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/PopeTom/NortCig.jpg

I like. Will use.

Also, if someone wants to spoof a high-fashion or perfume ad or two, that would be nice. Ads like that can be easily changed to ads for,I dunno, herpes medication, or something.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Fake fashion pages would be funny,

However only having internets on my phone means I cannot work on stuff.

Dimocritus

And, for the record, guys, I need TONS of fake adverts, so if you have multiple submissions, don't hold back.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Dimocritus