News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Discordianism: A Definition

Started by Telarus, June 26, 2010, 09:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

The Golden Apple Corp

The Golden Apple Corp is the central committee, or "brain" of the Legion of Dynamic Discord, the activist branch of the Discordian Society. In official Discordian documents, members of the Golden Apple Corp affix the letters "K.S.C." after their names; this means "Keepers of the Sacred Chao". Very little else is known about them, and it is perhaps wise not to inquire further.

There are only two Keepers of the Sacred Chao, an no others will ever be authorized. Mordecai the Foul [R.A.W. -Tel], of the Santa Cruz cabal has compensated by taking the title Keeper of the Notary Sojac.

See Also:
  Discordianism, Holy Order of the Lemon, Noon Blue Apples, OM

References:
  http://www.prairienet.org/~kkbuxton/discordia.html
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

My definition of a Discordian:

1.  Thinks for him/herself as much as humanly possible and as often as humanly possible.
2.  Actively tries to see things the way they really are.
3.  Engages in activities to get other people to do the same, or berate those who would discourage people to do the above.
4.  Sees the fnords lulz.
5.  Is a rock n roller, even if they can't play an instrument or sing.
6.  Understands the idea of Saturday Night.
7.  Understands Or Kill Me.
8.  Understands that art - by the definition of the Discordian in question - is the highest human endeavor.
9.  Will Kill a Motherfucker.  Usually figuratively.
10.  Knows when to stop digging their heels in with respect to #2.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.