News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Discordianism: A Definition

Started by Telarus, June 26, 2010, 09:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

-><- this is from Robert Anton Wilson's "Everything is Under Control" ~*~

Discordianism

Discordianism claims to be the world's first true true religion and is based on worship of Eris, goddess of Chaos. One of it's two founders has been accused of complicity in the John F. Kennedy assassination.
 While some claim the Discordian movement is a complicated joke disguised as a new religion, Discordians counter that it is actually a new religion disguised as a complicated joke.
 The Discordians are divided into two camps, according to the rule, "We Discordians must stick apart." On one side, the Erisian Liberation Front (ELF) led by Ho Chih Zen (Kerry Thornley) promotes anarchist/libertarian anti-authoritarianism, and on the other side, the Paratheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric (POEE), led by Malaclypse the Younger (Gregory Hill), teaches a more mystic, passive doctrine, vaguely akin to Charles Fort, Pataphysics, and Deconstructionism. These two Discordianisms represent the material manifestation of the metaphysical hodge and podge (see Sacred Chao). Other high Discordian priests/priestesses include Lady L, Fucking Anarchist Bitch*(a title given her by Eldridge Cleaver), Onrak the Backwards, Mordecai the Foul, Lola of Capitola, and Fang the Unwashed.
 The founder of the Erisian Liberation Front, Kerry Thornley(Ho Chih Zen), was accused of complicity in the John F. Kennedy assassination by New Orleans D.A. Jim Garrison. At first, Thornley believed Garrison was honestly mistaken, but later he decided that somebody had set him up to be the fall guy if the Oswald scenario collapsed. Atlhough Garrison never found enough evidence to convict him, Thornley still sends out bulletins on the case, claiming he and Oswald were both brainwashed by Naval Intelligence, that his memory was erased, but he has deduced what must have happened, that the Discordian Society was neither a joke nor a new religion but a CIA assassination bureau, and other astounding claims.
 Both the Discordians and the Church of the Sub-Genius eagerly distribute Thornley's accusations and denunciations.

See Also:
  Golden Apple Corps, Knights of the Five-Sided Castle, OM, Noon Blue Apples

References:
  http://www.prairienet.org/~kkbuxton/discordia.html
  Thornley- Conspiracies, Cover-Ups and Crimes, by Jonathan Vankin, IllumiNet Press, Liburn, GA, 1996, p. 6
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

minuspace

Quote from: Telarus on June 26, 2010, 09:59:48 PM
-><- this is from Robert Anton Wilson's "Everything is Under Control" ~*~

Discordianism

Discordianism claim... One of it's two founders has been accused of complicity in the John F. Kennedy assassination.

See Also: Golden Apple Corps, Knights of the Five-Sided Castle, OM, Noon Blue Apples

References: http://www.prairienet.org/~kkbuxton/discordia.html
Thornley- Conspiracies, Cover-Ups and Crimes, by Jonathan Vankin, IllumiNet Press, Liburn, GA, 1996, p. 6
]

At lest the second sentence should be factually correct, it was not just One.  It was both One, the other, and not both, exclusively or not...  Come to think of it may have been this Japanese girl...

[not being critical, just getting a footing, in actuality, my corrections are implied in you statement, so I stand so ;-]

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

malvarma

Any true Discordian resists defining themselves.  :fnord:
Follow me at http://twitter.com/normalioifyp and I'll follow you back. Let's totally be BFFs.

Jasper

Quote from: malvarma on July 10, 2010, 11:37:44 PM
Any true Discordian resists defining themselves.  :fnord:

We have a running gag here about "Real" Discordians.

minuspace

The embarrassment of the discordian is to question the discord

BadBeast

"Only the true Messiah a real Discordian denies his Divinity Discordia"

"What sort of a choice does that give me? Oh all right then I am the Messiah a real Discordian!"

"He is the Messiaha real Discordian, he is the Messiah a really real Discordian!"
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Telarus

Noon Blue Apples

The most tantalizing part of the Church of Mary Magdalene/Priory of Sion mystery concerns the coded parchments found by Father Béranger Saunière in 1891. These parchments, on the surface, were mere transcriptions from the Latin Gospels, but certain letters were highlighted so as to yeild another set of messages in French. These messages contained references that, evidently, only somebody already initiated into the mystery could understand. They contain such memorable lines as:

This treasure belongs to Dagobert II King and to Sion and he is there dead.

And in the second parchment:

Shepherdess no temptation that Poussin Teniers hold the key peace 681 by the cross and this horse of God I complete this deamon guardian at noon blue apples.

See Also:
 Jean Cocteau, Committee to Protect the Rights and Privileges of Low-Cost Housing, Dagobert II, Gerard de Sede, Gnomes of Zurich, Grand Orange Order of Ireland, Holy Order of the Lemon, Nicholas Poussin

References:
 Holy Blood, Holy Grail, by Michael Baigent, Henry Lincoln, and Richard Leigh, Delacorte, New York, 1982
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

BadBeast

Is that the stuff that alludes to Poussin's painting "Shepherds of Arcadia", and the "Et in Arcadia Ego" inscription on the tomb?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,

BadBeast

Thanks for the links. It  seems to get more convoluted, the more it's researched.
I can't remember where I read it, but 'Et in Arcadia, Ego' is an anagram of 'I Tego Arcanum Dei' or 'I Conceal the Secrets of God'. But my Latin sucks, so I can't really be sure.

minuspace

from the greek:  to conceal the secrets of, would also reveal their truth...

Cain

The Priory of Sion was an elaborate French scam which may have connections to the Francophone branch of Operation Gladio, if only through aesthetic similarities (fake secret societies, former fascist sympathizers, royalists, conspiracy theorism etc).  The link between Sion and the Grand Alpina Lodge, who were supposedly connected with Projekt-26, the Swiss branch of Gladio and the bankers for many Italian operations is tenuous, and may indeed suggest a second scam should the former one, with the stuff about Jesus' bloodline, ever be uncovered as false.

minuspace

:cry: Maybe the Carbonari will cheer up mr. pasta...

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on July 12, 2010, 12:03:33 PM
The Priory of Sion was an elaborate French scam which may have connections to the Francophone branch of Operation Gladio, if only through aesthetic similarities (fake secret societies, former fascist sympathizers, royalists, conspiracy theorism etc).  The link between Sion and the Grand Alpina Lodge, who were supposedly connected with Projekt-26, the Swiss branch of Gladio and the bankers for many Italian operations is tenuous, and may indeed suggest a second scam should the former one, with the stuff about Jesus' bloodline, ever be uncovered as false.
Bloody good scam though. (The Jesus one) No-one has been able to even prove it properly yet! And really, when you think of how many descendants one man can have, over 2000 years, then half of Europe could probably trace their Ancestry directly backwards to just about anyone you'd care to mention from that time.
I remember hearing something about the Church of Latter day Saints collecting a huge DNA database in order to find some bloodline or other, for fuck knows what reason, but they are certainly looking for something.
(Just in case, I have a false ID, and a whole new cover life ready to walk into when they come knocking, I would suggest everyone else do the same, just to be on the safe side)