News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Discordianism: A Definition

Started by Telarus, June 26, 2010, 09:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Hmm, that sounds interesting, I'd like to know what they plan to do with that.

Also remember, 0.5% of the entire world male population is descended from Genghis Khan and his closest male relatives http://web.unife.it/progetti/genetica/Giorgio/PDFfiles/ajhg2003.pdf.

BadBeast

There were some Mormons working in sensitive Government posts, and they copied a huge amount of Data for the Church, but I think it was played down by the Govt. I remember reading about it on Yahoo Answers, ages ago. I'll try and find something on it. Although Y/A
isn't the most reliable source of material, there may be a link or something.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

Cool, thanks.  I know historically the Mormons have been kinda weird (to put it nicely) about race and similar topics, but I thought they mostly got over that by now.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Telarus

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on July 12, 2010, 11:41:49 PM
We need the brains of you two for The Colbert Conspiracy (aka ColbertGASM v2.3).

Agreed. Cram has some interesting developments on that front, and that thread was one of the reasons I posted the Noon Blue Apples entry second in this thread (I'm going to post all the See Also's in the Discordianism entry, then take requests).

I'm already working on getting Colbert familiar with the Mason Word, Mah-hah-bone (anyway, go post in the new ColbertGasm thread).
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Epimetheus

QuoteDiscordianism: A Definition
Oh boy.  :p

For me, the most important, or valuable, aspect of Discordianism is its lack of rules, or rule-enforcement. Its consequent acceptance of any willing member no matter their variety is what makes it unique.

P.S. Hello after several months, PD.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Evan on August 10, 2010, 08:29:25 AM

For me, the most important, or valuable, aspect of Discordianism is its lack of rules, or rule-enforcement. Its consequent acceptance of any willing member no matter their variety is what makes it unique.

How does one person setting forth a definition equate to "rules"?

And we don't accept any willing member.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

plz note Dok's usage of "we" is referring to this forum, not discordians in general.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 10, 2010, 07:02:49 PM
plz note Dok's usage of "we" is referring to this forum, not discordians in general.

Actually, I was only referring to me and my 1000KG ego.

If any other Discordians really want to accept Uncle BadTouch and Dr Cowass, that's on them.

Dok,
Horribly intolerant bad person at large.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Epimetheus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2010, 05:23:48 PM

Only the "oh boy" was meant as a response to the quote. The rest was separate.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Evan on August 10, 2010, 09:38:30 PM

What's wrong with "a definition"?  I could see bitching about "THE definition".
Molon Lube

Epimetheus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2010, 09:43:29 PM

It's the sort of discussion I could see leading to an argument. Nothing wrong with it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Evan on August 10, 2010, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2010, 09:43:29 PM

It's the sort of discussion I could see leading to an argument. Nothing wrong with it.

Well, we can't have that.  Passive-aggressive mockery and the use of the  :roll: emote is the only hope we have to forestall such an argument.
Molon Lube

Telarus

:wink:

Kights of the Five-Sided Castle

The Knights of the Five-Sided Castle (also known as the Order of Quixote) is the title of a sacred order within the Discordian Society, made up exclusively of the current chiefs of staff of the U.S. Army and the top brass of the Pentagon generally. Those intrepid warriors never asked for the honor, and may not even know they possess it, but the Keepers of the Sacred Chao and the Keeper of the Notary Sojac have bestowed it upon them anyway, in recognition of their contributions to increasing the five degrees of stochasticism in the world (chaos, discord, confusion, bureaucracy, and international relations.)

See Also:
  Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland, Holy Order of the Lemon, Noon Blue Apples

References:
  http://www.prairienet.org/~kkbuxton/discordia.html
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!