News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

LIGHTCYCLES

Started by Remington, June 29, 2010, 11:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

http://gizmodo.com/5575554/important-street+legal-tron-lightcycles-are-now-up-for-auction

There's a lot to love about Tron, but for me it all pales in comparison to the lightcycles. These ones on eBay? Not props. They're working, street-legal models you can actually buy. But you'll want to hurry.

The limited edition of five lightcycles—each made to movie spec, but with actual working parts—comes from the same outfit that brought you the $100,000 Batpod. These babies will put a hurt on your savings, too, but at $35,000 they're almost tempting enough to consider. Especially since they're a limited edition:

The Parker Brothers team is building 5 custom one off "Lightcycles" to the exact specs of the movie bikes. Each bike will be black with an accent color - 5 bikes with 5 different accent colors (red, blue, yellow, green, and orange). There will only be one bike made per color so if you must have a certain color, you better call now... Now, about the bikes themselves, the wheels are custom made 22" x12" dual hubless wheels with custom made tires (Hoosier is custom making 5 sets just for us specifically for this project). (Buyers will have the option of additional tires as needed) The frame is 2" cold rolled and boxed hardened steel with carbon fiber/fiberglass bodies. Accent colors are neon glowing from behind frosted plexiglass and can be turned off or on with the flip of a switch.

DO. WANT.
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Watch rich old fucks buy these up and then keep them in climate-controlled garages and never ride them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Remington

Quote from: Nigel on June 30, 2010, 12:56:34 AM
Watch rich old fucks buy these up and then keep them in climate-controlled garages and never ride them.
:argh!:

... :cry:
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on June 30, 2010, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: Nigel on June 30, 2010, 12:56:34 AM
:argh!:

... :cry:

I know.

That shit ain't right.  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

THE BEST THING ABOUT THESE IS THE INEVITABLE HORRIFIC ACCIDENT YOU GET INTO WHILE RIDING ONE, PROBABLY FROM ANOTHER MOTORIST GOING "HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THAT?" BEFORE CRASHING INTO YOU, YOUR REMAINS ARE SPLATTERED ABOUT IN A FIREWORKS DISPLAY OF BLOOD AND ORGAN CONFETTI.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Remington

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 30, 2010, 01:20:48 AM
THE BEST THING ABOUT THESE IS THE INEVITABLE HORRIFIC ACCIDENT YOU GET INTO WHILE RIDING ONE, PROBABLY FROM ANOTHER MOTORIST GOING "HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THAT?" BEFORE CRASHING INTO YOU, YOUR REMAINS ARE SPLATTERED ABOUT IN A FIREWORKS DISPLAY OF BLOOD AND ORGAN CONFETTI.

"Goddamn freeways and your gradual turns"
Is it plugged in?

malvarma

Are the cycles actually made of light? If not, I don't want em.
Follow me at http://twitter.com/normalioifyp and I'll follow you back. Let's totally be BFFs.