News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Dok Howl

Started by Adios, July 02, 2010, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

I seem to be having some trouble on facts about illegal body searches. Help?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on July 02, 2010, 09:20:00 PM

You're going to need to be a little more specific.
Molon Lube

PopeTom

Quote from: Charley Brown on July 02, 2010, 09:20:00 PM

It it illegal for a police officer to perform a cavity search unless he/she buys you dinner and a drink first.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Adios

Upon entering the Country Stampede volunteer workers attempted twice to pat me down, They were politely refused both times. I had cargo shorts on and they were checking for anyone bringing in alcohol, etc.

Adios

Dammit. I had the story on here, in open bar I thought, search reveals 0 content.

Adios

Security at the Stampede said I need to check your pockets.

Me; took 2 steps back and said I didn't give you the privilege to trample my civil rights.

Guard. But I have to.

Me; not unless you want to get your ass sued off.

Guard; I can deny you entry.

Me; call your supervisor and a cop, now please.

Guard; What?

Me; Call them.

Guard; No.

Me; then you have no right to search my person.

Guard;  confused

Me; I will show you what is in my pockets.

Guard; That will work.

Me; Shows a pack of smokes in one side pocket  and my wallet in the other.

Relieved Guard; Go ahead.

Me; With a flask in each back pocket says Thank you.

It was in American Moments.

Doktor Howl

Not an illegal search, as you are submitting voluntarily as part of the conditions of the transaction (your ticket).
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Also it's a private event/venue, not a public function secured by public officials (police). Anybody can ask you to do almost anything to grant you access into their private property, as long as you also have the choice to just go away. In the same way that private security guards have only a subset of the powers of the actual police, they are also required to follow only a subset of the same procedures. This is all perfectly fine, because if I was hosting some kind of event where I had a vested interest for some reason in people not bringing in their own alcohol, I'd expect to have the power to make sure they didn't.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Adios

Quote from: vexati0n on July 03, 2010, 01:11:16 AM
Also it's a private event/venue, not a public function secured by public officials (police). Anybody can ask you to do almost anything to grant you access into their private property, as long as you also have the choice to just go away. In the same way that private security guards have only a subset of the powers of the actual police, they are also required to follow only a subset of the same procedures. This is all perfectly fine, because if I was hosting some kind of event where I had a vested interest for some reason in people not bringing in their own alcohol, I'd expect to have the power to make sure they didn't.

This I understand, I also understand they need to sell something other than Coors or Miller.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2010, 12:49:49 AM
Not an illegal search, as you are submitting voluntarily as part of the conditions of the transaction (your ticket).

I will go back and read the ticket.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on July 03, 2010, 01:16:42 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2010, 12:49:49 AM

I will go back and read the ticket.

...And all the promotion advertisement.
Molon Lube

Adios

Funny thing though, I still buy water to mix my whiskey with and pepsi to mix my wifes rum in, I'm not cheating them. We spend almost $400 every year plus the costs of tickets. We buy artists shirts and CD's. We buy Stampede shirts, we buy from numerous vendors. I don't know how much the other 15,000 people spend per day spend, but that is our budget.

I guess my point is I am not stealing from or cheating them.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Charley Brown on July 03, 2010, 07:53:18 PM
Funny thing though, I still buy water to mix my whiskey with and pepsi to mix my wifes rum in, I'm not cheating them. We spend almost $400 every year plus the costs of tickets. We buy artists shirts and CD's. We buy Stampede shirts, we buy from numerous vendors. I don't know how much the other 15,000 people spend per day spend, but that is our budget.

I guess my point is I am not stealing from or cheating them.

Well complaining to us isn't going to make them change their policy. Find an organizer and convince them. :P
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.