News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Forum Reading Music

Started by Jasper, July 05, 2010, 07:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 07, 2010, 03:12:59 AM
Quote from: Nigel on July 06, 2010, 09:16:55 PM
I just listen to Yakkity Sax on repeat.

P!nk
Lady Gaga
Nina Simone
Lemmy
Ian Anderson

:mittens:

Listening to him now, and I was just about to find an appropriate thread to post this quote from a friend:

Mark: "If they had made the Lord of the Rings trilogy with Tom Bombadil in it, he should have been played by Ian Anderson."

Juana

Evil Nine
Way Out West
Fing-a-Thing's "Walk in Space"
Sneaker Pimps
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 06, 2010, 08:50:30 AM
OTT - ROFLcopter (seriously check this track, the guy is a discordian--or at least has the T-shirt--and the one line of vocals in this track is a pretty good rant).
Oh, I got the OTT album 'Skylon,' on the strength of 'ROFLcopter.' Was not disappointed. Your taste is impeccable, sir! :) Grooving to Signals from 'Bob,' which is filled with slowed down RAW samples. :lulz:
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Triple Zero

Yeah! I personally think his first album "Blumenkraft" is a bit better (especially track 1 which is one of my favourite chillout tracks ever), but yeah the RAW samples and ROFLcopter make Skylon pretty sweet indeed :)

And from what I seen in interviews with Twisted Records, what Simon Posford (of Shpongle fame) has in pompous arrogance, Ott (which is just his name, not short for anything, he said) makes up in awesome, funny, laidback and wearing a "You're a Pope" shirt :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Bump-

It's finished, PM me for a link.

This is version 3, I didn't like the first two.  Spent a long time trying to get the feel right, without using stuff anyone's probably heard of before.

Jasper

bds

Just listened to it, I'm really impressed. Fits well with the atmosphere here, and is actually really good as forum reading music, not too distracting but still musical enough to be nice in the background. Creepy too - I listened to a few tracks while in the shower and I had a couple horror movie moments when reaching for the shower gel. :lulz:

:mittens: to you, good sir. (Bonus mittens for making it .wav :D)

Jasper

The whole thing was inspired by track 1.  Just too perfect.