News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Chicken-Carrot-Tofu soup

Started by Freeky, July 11, 2010, 09:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Step 1: Make chicken broth

Throw 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on/in in a pot. Quarter 1 orange. Put in 1 TBSP each of garam masala, mild curry powder, seasoned meat tenderizer (maybe), black pepper, smoked paprika. Put in 1/2 TBSP Cocoa Chile blend. Put in 1 stick lemongrass. Put in a handful of dried goji berries. Boil the fuck out of it.

Use a colander to get the big pieces out, then use a mesh strainer to get the spice mud out. Cut up chicken, enjoy that in other things.

Step 2: Dump in the stuff.

Put some frozen pre-cut carrots and some tofu (I used the stuff that says "Firm" on the package) in your chicken goop. Heat through.

Step 3: Enjoy.

Nurse Enabler

That sounds delicious. You should make it again so the doktor and I can try it.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Freeky

Quote from: Nurse Enabler on September 04, 2010, 12:32:20 AM
That sounds delicious. You should make it again so the doktor and I can try it.

Certainly!

Dysnomia

sounds awesome.  For teh veggie person, how would you recommend I do the stock?  Same just minus chicken?
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Freeky

Quote from: BLARFINGARF on September 04, 2010, 08:19:36 PM
sounds awesome.  For teh veggie person, how would you recommend I do the stock?  Same just minus chicken?

However you make stock, you should do so. Also, minus goji berries. The taste gets kind of cloying after a bit.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 11, 2010, 09:35:15 PM
Throw 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on/in in a pot. Quarter 1 orange. Put in 1 TBSP each of garam masala, mild curry powder, seasoned meat tenderizer (maybe), black pepper, smoked paprika. Put in 1/2 TBSP Cocoa Chile blend. Put in 1 stick lemongrass. Put in a handful of dried goji berries. Boil the fuck out of it.
I was just skimming the recipe, and I thought that it called for smoked panda (Yeah, I know, not that close).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Freeky

Quote from: Vartox on September 04, 2010, 10:18:14 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 11, 2010, 09:35:15 PM
I was just skimming the recipe, and I thought that it called for smoked panda (Yeah, I know, not that close).
:lulz: