News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Chicken-Carrot-Tofu soup

Started by Freeky, July 11, 2010, 09:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Step 1: Make chicken broth

Throw 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on/in in a pot. Quarter 1 orange. Put in 1 TBSP each of garam masala, mild curry powder, seasoned meat tenderizer (maybe), black pepper, smoked paprika. Put in 1/2 TBSP Cocoa Chile blend. Put in 1 stick lemongrass. Put in a handful of dried goji berries. Boil the fuck out of it.

Use a colander to get the big pieces out, then use a mesh strainer to get the spice mud out. Cut up chicken, enjoy that in other things.

Step 2: Dump in the stuff.

Put some frozen pre-cut carrots and some tofu (I used the stuff that says "Firm" on the package) in your chicken goop. Heat through.

Step 3: Enjoy.

Nurse Enabler

That sounds delicious. You should make it again so the doktor and I can try it.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Freeky

Quote from: Nurse Enabler on September 04, 2010, 12:32:20 AM
That sounds delicious. You should make it again so the doktor and I can try it.

Certainly!

Dysnomia

sounds awesome.  For teh veggie person, how would you recommend I do the stock?  Same just minus chicken?
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Freeky

Quote from: BLARFINGARF on September 04, 2010, 08:19:36 PM
sounds awesome.  For teh veggie person, how would you recommend I do the stock?  Same just minus chicken?

However you make stock, you should do so. Also, minus goji berries. The taste gets kind of cloying after a bit.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 11, 2010, 09:35:15 PM
Throw 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on/in in a pot. Quarter 1 orange. Put in 1 TBSP each of garam masala, mild curry powder, seasoned meat tenderizer (maybe), black pepper, smoked paprika. Put in 1/2 TBSP Cocoa Chile blend. Put in 1 stick lemongrass. Put in a handful of dried goji berries. Boil the fuck out of it.
I was just skimming the recipe, and I thought that it called for smoked panda (Yeah, I know, not that close).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Freeky

Quote from: Vartox on September 04, 2010, 10:18:14 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 11, 2010, 09:35:15 PM
I was just skimming the recipe, and I thought that it called for smoked panda (Yeah, I know, not that close).
:lulz: