News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Bit of silliness over hiring Olivia Munn on The Daily Show

Started by Jenne, July 09, 2010, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Hm.  See, I noticed she was...hotter than your average Daily Show correspondant, but I didn't know there'd been a controversy over hiring her in the blogosphere.  She seems real wooden, so I'm just thinking she needs time to warm up.

But the bit of silliness that made me laugh was the rebuttal by the female staffers on the show.  That was a crack up.

(this passes for my unusual political fluff posting--it's not terribly important except to see a "sacred liberal cow" as one article online called it like the Daily Show get some blowback...)

LMNO

Jenne

Meh.  Her material is better than her execution of it.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2010, 04:11:15 PM
The only important question is, is she funny?

I thought she was funnier last night than she had been before.  It's a dead-pan/awkward style that she plays subtly - I prefer it to the more bombastic Jason Jones "HERE'S THE PUNCHLINE" approach.

Jasper

I think it's a pretty considered move on TDS' part.  Stumbling awkwardness and deadpan un-humor seems to be on the rise lately.

Cain

I think people should waste more time taking pot-shots at The Daily Show.  It's not like people are running around in the media advocating the nuclear annihilation of nations, or sacking people for not conforming to Beltway media ideology or anything.  We must consider our priorities.

Cain

JON STEWART IS NOT 100% IDEOLOGICALLY CORRECT.  KILL HIM WITH FIRE!

Jenne

I just hope her schtick improves.  I like the title of her book, Suck It, Wonder Woman!, and I liked her the second time she was on The Daily Show...but as to her longevity, I just hope she gets more natural-looking while acting.  I haven't seen her on TV eslewhere to compare.  Her interview with Salon.com was pretty humorous.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on July 09, 2010, 09:06:17 PM
I think people should waste more time taking pot-shots at The Daily Show.  It's not like people are running around in the media advocating the nuclear annihilation of nations, or sacking people for not conforming to Beltway media ideology or anything.  We must consider our priorities.

YOU FAIL TO SEE THE GENDERED NARRATIVES EMBEDDED IN THIS CULTURAL ARTIFACT!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.