News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

I Write Like....

Started by Cramulus, July 13, 2010, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

http://iwl.me/

Check what famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them to those of the famous writers.

Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, Reddit comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc. For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs (not tweets).

apparently I write like HP Lovecraft or Dan Brown  :argh!:

Jenne

James Joyce and Stephen King!  :D  ETA: and BRAM STOKER!  Cool!  ETAagain: and my professional stuff (good idea, RWHN!) is Arthur Conan Doyle!  (weirdness!)

Suu

I write like George Orwell    :mrgreen:........and Dan Brown also.  :kingmeh:

And JK Rowling...and Stephen King...

I don't have a set style I guess...But if Brown and Rowling can publish books, so can I, damnit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Kai

I write like Steven King.

No wonder I like his book On Writing.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

I tried two different types of writing.

For my professional work:  Isaac Asimov

For my Discordian stuff:  Stephen King
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I pasted in one of my 30 Days of Eris pieces, and... Who the hell is Margaret Atwood?

So I tried again, and got Raymond Chandler.

Adios

James Joyce and Stephen King.

Cramulus

Quote;lkjh;fdsvghASGD'laewkthalkhg/lasdkhgakhgeawlkjreht;kawjeejjew hgaje hta;kw ht;aw te;k ewtkaw uetawet;aiwyeto;ia y;a yhetkawgetry3rpoiqwutepoqw yshdkg.xvb,mzcxnb oreytiwe ur awoe8yteqr ao eqy ewyt weau yaoiw teaw

^ submitted this. Result? Stephen King.

submitted a chunk of chat from IRC: Kurt Vonnegut

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on July 13, 2010, 05:46:49 PM
I pasted in one of my 30 Days of Eris pieces, and... Who the hell is Margaret Atwood?

So I tried again, and got Raymond Chandler.

Margaret Eleanor Atwood, CC, O.Ont, FRSC (born November 18, 1939) is a Canadian author, poet, critic, essayist, feminist and social campaigner. While she may be best known for her work as a novelist, she is also an award winning poet, having published 15 books of poetry to date.[1][2]  Many of her poems have been inspired by myths and fairy tales, which were interests of hers from an early age.[3]  Atwood has also published short stories in Tamarack Review, Alphabet, Harper's, CBC Anthology, Ms., Saturday Night, Playboy, and many other magazines.

She is among the most-honoured authors of fiction in recent history; she is a winner of the Arthur C. Clarke Award and Prince of Asturias award for Literature, has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize five times, winning once, and has been a finalist for the Governor General's Award seven times, winning twice.[4]

AFK

I suspect it may be less analyzer and more random-author generator. 

Nephew Twiddleton

I plugged in my "Half Asleep" post in OKM, and got Stephen King. Gonna repaste to see if it is random or accurate.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

I pasted the entire contents of this thread and got:  James Joyce

AFK

Well, I did test it.  I tried excerpts by James Joyce and Stephen King and it did give the correct results. 

trippinprincezz13

I posted a few paragraphs from a rant I posted at TCC shortly before getting banned/re-banned, and apparently it sounds like William Shakespeare, heh.

ETA: Pasted the text from one of the pleadings that we file with the Courts and apparently the writing is like Stephen King's
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Wizard

I posted each chapter of my book so far, and got a different writer almost every  chapter. Rowling, Vladimir Nabokov, and Dan Brown and Chuck Palahniuk twice.
Insanity we trust.