News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

All Tarkovsky Films Now Free Online

Started by minuspace, July 15, 2010, 07:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

...  talk about time machines  :lulz:
http://www.openculture.com/2010/07/tarkovksy.html

I post this not just because I am a personal fan, but just in case someone missed this auteur, it is my moral obligation to introduce him to you, as he is a diplomat of the future, of sorts...

To not waste time, start with "The Stalker" (or "Zone"), and wow from there, even though he may still have had a few things to think through, his aesthetics are impeccable.  That, added to a metaphysical whirl, and you see why he deserves more credit for all the concepts that were ripped from him, repeatedly...

DiscoUkulele

Awesome! I've only seen Solaris and Andrei Rublev, but I really enjoyed both of them. (Well... I kinda had a moral issue with a scene in Andrei Rublev...)

I've been meaning to check out his other stuff.

Thanks a lot!
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

minuspace

ty for the ty (for the ty) - Andrei Rublev, want to talk ikons or blimps?  Memory is overrated (so I forget the scene you are referring to  :oops: ?

Jasper

Oh man I suck.  I thought this thread meant Tartakovsky - Genndy Tartakovsky.  :lol:

DiscoUkulele

Quote from: minuspace on July 19, 2010, 11:10:20 AM
ty for the ty (for the ty) - Andrei Rublev, want to talk ikons or blimps?  Memory is overrated (so I forget the scene you are referring to  :oops: ?

There's a scene where they kill a horse, and they actually killed it. No special effects or anything.
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

minuspace

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 19, 2010, 05:44:18 PM
Oh man I suck.  I thought this thread meant Tartakovsky - Genndy Tartakovsky.  :lol:

Same here.