News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Dear RWHN: pun stories.

Started by Doktor Howl, July 16, 2010, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

As I am now largely deskbound, I was rather shocked by the resistance I ran into when trying to keep my electrical skills current.  It has been a never-ending series of static, and I feel that I have been kicked in the joules by my boss, which has created such a disconnect that I can only sit at my desk with my eyes closed saying "Ohm".

66 words, 8 puns, for a .12 pun density.
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2010, 09:42:18 PM
As I am now largely deskbound, I was rather shocked by the resistance I ran into when trying to keep my electrical skills current.  It has been a never-ending series of static, and I feel that I have been kicked in the joules by my boss, which has created such a disconnect that I can only sit at my desk with my eyes closed saying "Ohm".

66 words, 8 puns, for a .12 pun density.

MY GOD, MAN! OH, THE HUMANITY!
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

To set the proper tone on my audition with the orchestra, I shaved my face.  I knicked my clef chin.  Shaving is not my forte, but that is a sharp blade.  I used some gel so my hair would have some volume and not be flat.  "Would wind mess it up?", I pondered.  I grabbed the letter with the key signature from my professor. I sustained a quick pace to the Metro bus stop.  I ran through the park to cut time.  I played my usual game of chess with the little man.  I lost this one like I lost all the rest.  I just can't play with the Metro gnome. 

Man, I'm out of steam.  I got a .12 density as well.  It's hard because I tend to be a wordy writer.  But, I think I should get bonus points for the last line.   :mrgreen:

LMNO

I can't believe you missed the most obvious one.  What are you, some kind of ritard?

Also, I don't understand the one about Chess with the Little Man. 

AFK

There isn't a pun in that sentence.  It is the set-up for the gnome gag. 

LMNO

There's gotta be a way to throw something in there.

Like, "I was obligato-ed to play chess with the little man", or something.

AFK

Probably.  The whole thing feels a little forced.  I came up with the last line first and back-filled.  I'm really not feeling it today.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: RWHN on July 19, 2010, 04:26:32 PM
Probably.  The whole thing feels a little forced.  I came up with the last line first and back-filled.  I'm really not feeling it today.

The goal, of course - the very "4 minute mile" of punning - is a .25 density.
Molon Lube

Jasper