News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

CELEBRATION OF SUCKINESS

Started by Jasper, July 18, 2010, 04:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My first posts must be in the archives, because the oldest post of mine I could find was this:

Quote from: Nigel on November 14, 2007, 04:50:53 AM
Some of the local schools have a Spanish room that does immersion teaching for all kids 3rd grade and up. I'd love to see the younger classes in there too, but I understand that budget restrictions make language not the highest priority.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on July 18, 2010, 05:02:56 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on July 18, 2010, 05:02:11 PM
I think my first few months of posts have been pruned, but this is the earliest one I could find by searching my posts:

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on October 03, 2004, 02:20:15 AM
*vigorously agrees with Malaul*
Yeah! I'm just me too...but...but...
as far as I can tell now, that means that there are a total of 3 people on this whole board...Me, Malaul, and whoever has enough free time to have 47 runing conversations/arguments with themselves...and since I am currently engrossed in said conversations/arguments, it would logically follow that I am indeed part of this sordid little collective....luckily, I feel no need to adhere to as artificial a human/cabbage construct as logic...so, to drag this topic back to it's original point, whoever you are is the top poster, Malaul is 2nd, and I am 3rd...and as a ranking member of the Erisian arm of the Intergalactic Olympic Competition Committee, it is within my power to award awards to the top 3 finishers in such an illustrious competition....so, without further ado....

Tequila and psychoactive rice krispie treats all around!

*heartily pats self on back*

we now return you to your regularly scheduled deprogramming....

I said "tequila". I'm so embarrassed.

That nearly seems as weird coming from you as that time Cram modded your post with TCC copypasta.  :lol:

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on July 18, 2010, 11:41:08 AM
I set out my stall early...

Also, I was one of those n00bs who completely fail to see the stickied intro thread at the top of the screen  and creates their own. That's right, I'm one of THOSE.
I did even worse, I hijacked another noob's intro thread. It takes skill to fail that hard.  :kingmeh:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Freeky

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on November 19, 2009, 02:31:30 AMYummy deliciousness.

Beforehand, make sure applejack (find it at your local liquor store in the brandy section), butter and shortening are very cold.

Crust -
2 3/4 all purpose flour
1 1/2 sticks of butter (6 ounces or 3/4 cup)
1 tsp salt
3 TBSP sugar
1/2 cup of applejack minimum (substitute other liquid of choice)
2 ounces vegetable shortening

Filling -
3 to 3 1/2 pounds apples (Galas work well)
3 TBSP flour
2 TBSP apple jelly
1 TBSP apple cider or juice
Sugar
Clear vanilla extract
Almond extract

To make dough -
Mix together flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Cut into small pieces the sticks of butter, mixing into the flour with a large fork as you go. Mashing it in there works pretty good to get it more broken up. Add applejack a tablespoon or two at a time, until texture is soft and holds together well, but not sticky. Divide into two halves, shape into discs, wrap in plastic wrap and stick in the fridge at least an hour.

Note: The smaller you cut the butter chunks, the less stirring you have to do. It wouldn't hurt to have some of the butter be room temp, either.

Note: Apple juice/apple and orange koolaid type stuff works pretty good too as the liquid. The amount of liquid should be less than what I used, according to how damp a climate you live in.

To make the filling -
Peel core and slice apples. The smaller the slices the better. Coat each whole apple equivalent of slices  in 1/2 a tablespoon of sugar. Add to this a small amount of almond or vanilla extract, just enough to mae all of the sugar damp but not enough to make it half-liquidy, about 1/4 teaspoon. Put apple slices in large colander over larger pot, put in refridgerator for  90 minutes. Take apples out, stir so that the apples on top get rotated with the ones underneath, and put them back in the fridge for another 90 minutes.  Take apples and put them in a large bowl, saving liquid in pot. mix into apple slices the flour, jelly, and cider or juice.

Also, if you have any and want some, you can use orange extract in there too. Pretty tasty.

To assemble the pie -
Grease a pan (9 1/2" x 2" round, 8" x 8" x 2" square). Flour a clean counter top or large piece of parchment or wax paper. Take one disc of dough out, roll it until it is the thickness of 10 sheets of printer paper. Put dough in pan. Take apples and put down one layer of apples.  In center of pan put a pie bird or an aluminum foil cone. put remaning apples in, building a mound around the cone. Pour any liquid left over in the bowl the apples were in over the apples in the pie crust.

Take liquid in pot and set it to boil, but don't overboil it. While this is happening, rollout the second disc of dough. Cut out a hole in the center or lay strips around the aluminum foil cone. Press edges together. Brush reduced apple goop over top of crust. Preheat oven to 425, putting the pie back in the fridge if necessary. Put pie on floor of oven for twenty mintues to cook the bottom. Move to lowest rack position for another thirty minutes. Let cool for 4 hours before enjoying.

I hope it works out for you, if you use my recipe.

That was my first post. I almost forgot.  :lol:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 18, 2010, 06:02:24 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on July 18, 2010, 05:02:56 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on July 18, 2010, 05:02:11 PM
I think my first few months of posts have been pruned, but this is the earliest one I could find by searching my posts:

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on October 03, 2004, 02:20:15 AM
*vigorously agrees with Malaul*
Yeah! I'm just me too...but...but...
as far as I can tell now, that means that there are a total of 3 people on this whole board...Me, Malaul, and whoever has enough free time to have 47 runing conversations/arguments with themselves...and since I am currently engrossed in said conversations/arguments, it would logically follow that I am indeed part of this sordid little collective....luckily, I feel no need to adhere to as artificial a human/cabbage construct as logic...so, to drag this topic back to it's original point, whoever you are is the top poster, Malaul is 2nd, and I am 3rd...and as a ranking member of the Erisian arm of the Intergalactic Olympic Competition Committee, it is within my power to award awards to the top 3 finishers in such an illustrious competition....so, without further ado....

Tequila and psychoactive rice krispie treats all around!

*heartily pats self on back*

we now return you to your regularly scheduled deprogramming....

I said "tequila". I'm so embarrassed.

That nearly seems as weird coming from you as that time Cram modded your post with TCC copypasta.  :lol:

I'm sure if I could have dug back farther I'd have found at least one instance of myself saying "stab" as well. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Michal

My first posts here were an attention-whoring whirlwind. Ye gods and little fishes, how much we change in four years...
Reverend-Saint Michal, KSC
Psychotik Lobster Cabal
Guardian of the Eternal Loogie
Sporadic Asshat, Minor Annoyance

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

LMNO

You think that's bad?  My first post isn't around anymore, but check out these gems from 2004:

QuoteThe Gate is Not a Gate.

The Key is no Key.

And

QuoteDo ya think that when Eris worked out the "no hot dog buns" clause, She was on the Atkins diet?

And

Quote::Assumes Turkey Stance::

Gobble! Gobble-Gobble-Gobble-Gobble-Gobble! Gobble!

Gobble!

And

QuoteThe whole metaphor of the "model" theory of reality contains the idea that all our instruments (including our own perceptions) are inherently subjective.  A ruler can't tell time, a stopwatch can't measure length.

That's it's not as accurate to say "I saw God" as it is to say "I had an experience that in my current state of ignorance and knowledge I can only describe as seeing God."

Plus, there's about 700 pages of Haikus and "Questions Only" and "Three Word Stories."

I am so ashamed.

Elder Iptuous

I was looking through my posts for something rough, but all i saw was diamonds....
:oops:

Eater of Clowns

Oh, now I remember that the whole personal info thing following the trolling 4chan argument led me to fuck around with editing all of my first posts that gave away anything about me.  So I guess you could say I'm far more of an idiot now.   :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

Quote from: Suu on July 18, 2010, 04:27:09 AM
Quote from: Suu on November 21, 2006, 03:44:48 PM
To think I left waiting tables for a call center. I'm just asking to be thrown over someone's lap and spanked.  :argh!:

And hello.

:kingmeh:

wishful thinking !

Jasper

I am so glad I started this thread.  :lulz:

AFK

Well, I went back and looked.  All of my really spaggy stuff as I said was mercifully vanquished in a purging.  (Thanks Faust!), but I did find some of my earliest attempts at humor on pd.com.

Quote from: RWHN on September 06, 2005, 05:22:31 PM
Shakespeare picking out his dorm room:

"2B or not 2B?"

Quote from: RWHN on September 23, 2005, 05:13:46 PM
No, the country is fucked because we're using the Roman's playbook.  We should be using Bellichek's.  Now that's partiotic.  nyuk. nyuk.   :lol:

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.