News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

What to do on a 36 HOUR bus ride??.

Started by cena2020, July 20, 2010, 05:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cena2020

What to do on a 36 HOUR bus ride??....?
im riding a bus across canada to toronto, and its gonna be 36 frikkin hours!!!! what can i do!? any good things? (i dont have an mp3 player >:(

I would love to bring a dvd player, but i dont have one or can afford it right now. (im on a tiiiiiight budget)

im panning on buying a book (a funny one that im interested in)
any other recommendations?????? thanks

(spam link removed)

Jasper

Comfortable shoes.  Earplugs.

Other than that, my thoughts usually keep good company.

Something to chew, as well.

Mouthwash.

You may look askance at this list, but I've been on buses and I remember wanting this shit

ETA:  And never, ever having it.

Pope Lecherous

ideas

take a pen and a pad. write down all of your problems and what you will do to fix them.

write down things you are interested in doing or learning and create a plan to make it so.

write down ways you can improve as a human being and figure out how to implement those things.

talk to the people on the bus with you and learn everything about them and where they come from and what they believe in and their experiences and remember them.

Admire the scenery, note every detail and write down questions it provokes.

sleep?
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Jasper

What he said too.  Too much focus these days on killing time, as if it could be traded in for time later.

BluTakDuck

I always take my gameboy for long journeys. 36 hours would be a decent enough lenth of time to finish a game. Something puzzle based works well since you can take breaks if you get tired and come back to it later.

You could try and distribute slogans or messages to as many people as possible on the bus.

Make up a questionnaire to ask people. Or just try and make friends (and then convert them). Like Pope Lecherous, learning as much about them as possible is also a good idea. You never know who you might end up staying in contact with.

A deck of cards is always a must too. Even just on a day to day basis.
</sarcasm>

Pope Lecherous

--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

LMNO

Write your personal manifesto/memoirs.

Or, write someone else's.

Richter

Convince the bus driver to play "Atom Heart Mother" 72 times.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

You might strike up a conversation with the driver.  If they're older looking, they might have some pretty good bad passenger behavior stories.

AFK

Do the locomotion.  Give it a chance now. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Jasper

AFK

In that case they should be able to just switch-off for the 36 hours.  Time will fly by. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on July 20, 2010, 08:16:14 PM
No shit, that was a spambot?

I don't know, I'm kind of wondering what the link was, now?

Anyway, you can get a working MP3 player for 15 euros and then download some music and a couple of audiobooks on it. I can recommend Snow Crash, which had a nice voice and different voices for the characters. Also Illuminatus Trilogy, which is GOOD SOLID FUN to listen to, those guys that made it are funny, you can hear them giggling sometimes. Just if you haven't read the book already, I think the audiobookw ould be even more confusing. You can get both from your favourite torrent site, I think.

Otherwise, read plain regular paper books, although they have the problem of needing light to read them, which is an advantage for audiobooks on long bus trips.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

I'm just shocked that a bot was able to start a thread I was remotely interested in.