News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

OMG WE'RE STAYING IN THE MOST AWESOME HOSTEL APPARTMENT IN BERLIN EVER

Started by Triple Zero, July 20, 2010, 10:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

OH MY GOD

WE'RE STAYING IN THE MOST AWESOME HOSTEL APPARTMENT IN BERLIN EVER

ITS BETTER THAN PERFECT HERE

5TH FLOOR BED KITCHEN STOVE DISHWASHER FRIDGE COUCH EVERYTHING BRAND NEW (ikea furnit

AND FOR (reasonably) CHEAP (EUR42.50 pppn)

and apparently in one of the most hip and happening neighbourhoods in Berlin Mitte, as we arrived, 10pm we were walking around to find a nice place to have a few drinks outside in the warm evening, and we couldn't choose, there were like 20 beautiful bars within 2 streets radius from the hostel! and there were all sorts of funky design-y artsy stores and coffee places and whatnot--which were all closed and we are going to check out today.

The second bar was a sort of Soviet-style bar called Gorki Park, their (russian? polish?) beer named Moskwa wasn't very good IMO (I'll just stick to German beers when in Berlin). My girlfriend had some kind of sparkling pine-flavoured lemonade, which was very good, but very odd. A littlebit like ginger-ale, but with more citrus-y flavour, and of course a hint of pine.

and we actually have an entire appartment to ourselves! with a chandelier and a balcony on the 5th floor with a view of the Reichstag dome and the sunset and and and right now we're having a quiet breakfast with homemade pasta salad and instant coffee--they have machine, but we didn't expect, so today's mission impossible will be to find Douwe Egberts ground coffee in Germany.

It's more luxurious than any hotel room I have ever stayed, even expensive ones, which may look all posh but always have this sort of stuffy "hotel vibe" in it, that it's just a bed room and possibly bath room, so you just want to use it for sleeping and showering, not really hanging around in, but this is a small full-featured one-room appartment!! I can even cook my own dinner here hahaha :D :D Although we're probably going to eat out, since the prices we saw at the bar/cafes were very cheap ...

Oh yeah, and this is all thanks to my wonderful girlfriend who found this in the Lonely Planet and using her Internet skillz. She wants me to mention we also

Well I can go on, but it's time to enjoy all of this wonder instead of writing about it.

Pictures will follow :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lies

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2010, 10:43:20 AM
OH MY GOD

5TH FLOOR BED KITCHEN STOVE DISHWASHER FRIDGE COUCH EVERYTHING BRAND NEW (ikea furnit

and apparently in one of the most hip and happening neighbourhoods in Berlin Mitte, as we arrived, 10pm we were walking around to find a nice place to have a few drinks outside in the warm evening, and we couldn't choose, there were like 20 beautiful bars within 2 streets radius from the hostel! and there were all sorts of funky design-y artsy stores and coffee places and whatnot--which were all closed and we are going to check out today.

The second bar was a sort of Soviet-style bar called Gorki Park, their (russian? polish?) beer named Moskwa wasn't very good IMO (I'll just stick to German beers when in Berlin). My girlfriend had some kind of sparkling pine-flavoured lemonade, which was very good, but very odd. A littlebit like ginger-ale, but with more citrus-y flavour, and of course a hint of pine.

and we actually have an entire appartment to ourselves! with a chandelier and a balcony on the 5th floor with a view of the Reichstag dome and the sunset and and and right now we're having a quiet breakfast with homemade pasta salad and instant coffee--they have machine, but we didn't expect, so today's mission impossible will be to find Douwe Egberts ground coffee in Germany.

It's more luxurious than any hotel room I have ever stayed, even expensive ones, which may look all posh but always have this sort of stuffy "hotel vibe" in it, that it's just a bed room and possibly bath room, so you just want to use it for sleeping and showering, not really hanging around in, but this is a small full-featured one-room appartment!! I can even cook my own dinner here hahaha :D :D Although we're probably going to eat out, since the prices we saw at the bar/cafes were very cheap ...

Oh yeah, and this is all thanks to my wonderful girlfriend who found this in the Lonely Planet and using her Internet skillz. She wants me to mention we also

Well I can go on, but it's time to enjoy all of this wonder instead of writing about it.

ALSO WHAT?? Don't leave us hanging man!!
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Payne

a balcony on the 5th floor with a view of the Reichstag dome...

A mad Dutch lefty with a view of the Reichstag? What could possibly go wrong?

...and the sunset...

It's exactly as I feared. That's not the sunset dude. You set it on fire when you weren't looking...

Faust

OH MY GOD

Nice, we were staying in ostbahnof in June and commuting in, the apartment was very basic but we didn't spend much time in it anyway.
I was only there for 5 days, would have loved to stay longer.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Michal

After you have left/eliminated all traces of your having been there/covered your tracks to ensure security, you need to share the address/name of this hostel in case any of us are ever traveling in the area. Like I might. Because you made it sound like a FUCKING amazing time.

Rat bastard.
Reverend-Saint Michal, KSC
Psychotik Lobster Cabal
Guardian of the Eternal Loogie
Sporadic Asshat, Minor Annoyance

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on July 20, 2010, 11:50:22 AM
a balcony on the 5th floor with a view of the Reichstag dome...

A mad Dutch lefty with a view of the Reichstag? What could possibly go wrong?

...and the sunset...

It's exactly as I feared. That's not the sunset dude. You set it on fire when you weren't looking...

:lulz:

and Michal, http://www.circus-berlin.de/514.html we got the "2 person apartment". See menu "Prices & Rooms > Picture tour > apartments" for what the apartments look like.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Suu

Man, every hostel I've stayed at in Manhattan was just a damn bunk bed in a room with 5 other beds and a locker for my bag. :( You Europeans know how to roll.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on July 20, 2010, 04:02:47 PM
Man, every hostel I've stayed at in Manhattan was just a damn bunk bed in a room with 5 other beds and a locker for my bag. :( You Europeans know how to roll.

Yeah, that's a regular hostel. Regret and me went to the same sort of thing in Edinburgh.

This hostel also has dorm rooms with multiple beds, those are on the other floors, and of course cheaper. The top floor has a couple of large rooms furnished as apartments.

We had a great day shopping and um citying and checking out the weird peoples, lots of alternative folk walking around, even more than in Amsterdam :)

Now chilling in our room again (which has wifi), and then we'll go to eat sushi :D

LMNO

OMG I saw a movie about this, once.

Watch out for the bolt cutters.

AFK

I think Pantera wrote a song about it too.  Fucking Hostel. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

Cain

Lies.  There is nothing awesome about Berlin except the currywurst.