News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Audio Recording of the Illuminati Trilogy....

Started by Apikoros II, July 20, 2010, 09:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apikoros II

So, I am listening to it on Audio for the the first time now. Has anyone else did this? I searched the boards before I posted in case it had been brought up before.. anyways, I am enjoying it but some things that I find weird...

1. First, the readers are English, so naturally there pronunciation is different then the way I read it in my head. But do people really say CHI-cago as opposed to Sh-cago? Hagbard CHE-line non Cee-line?

2. The recording isn't the best and sometimes you can hear breathing and snorting in the background

3. The narrator really emphasizes the word PENIS, like much more then needed

Other then that, I am enjoying it... Thoughts?
I also believe that everything is false, even that statement and the one above it. Also, when you look into the abyss the abyss looks into you. Heck, the abyss sometimes winks and once it gave me the finger.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Apikoros II on July 20, 2010, 09:30:00 PM

You can never emphasize PENIS enough my friend.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

NWC

So, I am listening to it on Audio for the the first time now. Has anyone else did this? I searched the boards before I posted in case it had been brought up before.. anyways, I am enjoying it but some things that I find weird...

1. First, the readers are English, so naturally there pronunciation is different then the way I read it in my head. But do people really say CHI-cago as opposed to Sh-cago? Hagbard CHE-line non Cee-line?

2. The recording isn't the best and sometimes you can hear breathing and snorting in the background

I'm from Chicago - the 'chicagoan' way to say it is "tchi-KA-go".
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Not just ANY Englishman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Campbell

Ken was the director of Illuminatus! the play. One performance included members of the royal family and RAW naked on stage as one of the participants in the Black Mass.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

FREE LSD

I've listened to an audiobook of the trilogy and the narrator changes after the first book to someone with less of a British accent. I was surprised by the pronunciation of Celine, too, and use that pronunciation myself now.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PPPP on November 08, 2011, 04:14:33 PM
I've listened to an audiobook of the trilogy and the narrator changes after the first book to someone with less of a British accent. I was surprised by the pronunciation of Celine, too, and use that pronunciation myself now.

I've always heard it in my head as Sell-EEN. But, since he's Italian, it should probably be Chell-ee-nay. Though I could see a humorous British pronunciation sounding like Sea Lion.

How does this one do it?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 08, 2011, 05:29:24 PM
Quote from: PPPP on November 08, 2011, 04:14:33 PM

I've always heard it in my head as Sell-EEN. But, since he's Italian, it should probably be Chell-ee-nay. Though I could see a humorous British pronunciation sounding like Sea Lion.

How does this one do it?

Chell-ee-nay, which is how RAW pronounced it too (according to a mutual friend involved in the production of the audio).
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS